The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by melb198610
We were told interviews started yesterday and go on until 21st July!

Oh god really.! 🙈
Sounds like there will be a lot of people at the Assessment days then.
Glad today went well for you. X
Original post by Clazza15
Do you think we will be expected to have a good knowledge of current legislation relating to social work? I've just had a bit of a read and now my head feels like mash potato!😂😂

I was thinking the exact same thing. Surely that will come if we get a place, can't be expected to recite it all before we have even joined the profession. X
Original post by panickingP
I have my assessment on 11th, in Winchester. just wondering if the written task is essay esk or one of those situation judgement test?

I think it is a case study type task (Although dont hold me to that) I am also in Winchester on the 11th. What LA have you applied too??
Hi all, first post. I have been invited to assessment centre in Leeds on 3rd July! I was so shocked as I only found out about the course a week before the closing date and submitted my application at midnight the night before closing date and didn't hear for so long I had given up on it! I am feeling really sick about it already, I have gone out on a massive limb with this but had to give it a shot, I know it is competitive so I'm trying not to get my hopes up at all! Really nervous about next week, not helped by all my work colleagues telling me I will be fine and get it and preparing for me to leave already, I don't think they realise how competitive it is haha.
Anyone else going to Leeds on Monday? I had a choice of 3 but couldn't do the other 2 dates due to work commitments so glad I could choose, it's getting much closer now though!
Original post by Sazcup
No I wasn't asked any legislation despite having a very good knowledge base It was used as I wasn't asked a question 😍

Hi. Thanks for this info as I asked this in an earlier post too. I've been reading through realms of legislation too🤔 In your opinion is there anything we should be researching that could be useful for the assessment day. Appreciate it may be difficult to say so will understand if you can't. Thanks.
Good Morning,

Just wondering if anyone went to the assessment day in Cambridge yesterday? Would love to hear your opinions on how the day went and the general impression of the different elements. Were they strict on the documents you had to provide? I have my certs and statements but I'm booked in for my driving theory test on Tuesday so, if I pass, I'm hoping a provisional license will be enough for this round.

I am have my assessment day on the 11th July and I am feeling so under prepared and nervous as I know I am lacking in the relevant work experience.

Does anyone know if the written exam is typed or do you write by hand?

Good luck to everyone one going to the exam and congrats to those how have already done it!
Original post by lilybetts30
I think it is a case study type task (Although dont hold me to that) I am also in Winchester on the 11th. What LA have you applied too??

I've applied for West Sussex, how about you? Should we both wear a yellow rose so we know who each other are 😜
Hi everyone

Just wondering can anyone clear this question up for me?

I heard if you get on to this course you'll be bound to work within the authority/ england for 2/3 years? Does anyone know if this is true?

Surely there must be some commitment to them the more I think about it considering there paying fees and giving a bursary?
Original post by melb198610
So that's my assessment centre done! Met a lovely lady from this thread while I was there, nice to have a friendly face to chat with. Good luck all, don't find out until August!

Was lovely to meet you!
Original post by panickingP
I've applied for West Sussex, how about you? Should we both wear a yellow rose so we know who each other are 😜

HA HA! not a bad idea, my choice is Hampshire, MaryEverel has West Sussex as her first choice but im assuming even with different LA we would still all be at uni together! im getting the park and ride in as parking can be a nightmare.
Original post by Sam55555
Hi everyone

Just wondering can anyone clear this question up for me?

I heard if you get on to this course you'll be bound to work within the authority/ england for 2/3 years? Does anyone know if this is true?

Surely there must be some commitment to them the more I think about it considering there paying fees and giving a bursary?

I can't say for sure, but I read that 80% of people get a job in social work after the course, so I guess that means you aren't guaranteed a job or anything and could do something else? Might be wrong tho haha
Original post by swamphag
I can't say for sure, but I read that 80% of people get a job in social work after the course, so I guess that means you aren't guaranteed a job or anything and could do something else? Might be wrong tho haha

Thank you for replying!

Yes i also read that. It's hard to know. Perhaps it may vary in regions? I would be extremely interested to know though as I'm originally from Ireland and if I happened to get the fortune of getting onto the course my plan was to stay on for a year max 🤔
Original post by Sazcup
Completed my assessment day at Sheffield today. Wasn't as stressful as I believed.

Anyone any idea how many people they took to assessment centre?

Hi! I was at the assessment centre in Sheffield on Tuesday and I would say there wasn't more than 25 of us there! Hope you got on ok, best of luck! Xx
I have my assessment day tomorrow at UWE in Bristol. I am sooooo nervous i'm shaking already. It's the interview part i'm most worried about because they could ask anything !!
Original post by schmee2
For those in the South West (South West 2) - are all the assessment centres in Bristol? Or does this mean I'm being assessed for Bristol?

Mines in Bristol but I applied to South Glos, Bristol and Banes so I guess its all being done in Bristol because the taught part of the course in done at UWE,
Original post by Margerina
Hi guys! I'm going to the interview in Winchester on the 11th too! My first choice is Portsmouth. I'll look out for the yellow roses 😉[/QUOT

Hi Margerina. We will have a right little group going on, its lovely to know that i will have some friendly faces to chat to ! I will be asing everyone if they are from the student room lol
Is anybody doing the Chorley assessment centre on the 4th of July?
Original post by ne-james
Mines in Bristol but I applied to South Glos, Bristol and Banes so I guess its all being done in Bristol because the taught part of the course in done at UWE,

Mines in Bristol on the 10th July for the same areas. I think some of South West 2 will be Plymouth for the assessment.
Good luck tomorrow. It's so nerve wracking as you have no idea what to expect.
Original post by Pondy
I have private messaged you about the assessment center:wink:

Hi,
I've got my assessment tomorrow and i'm really really nervous. If you have any advice please could you PM me too.

Thanks

Latest