Applying for a new course

Watch this thread
flimingow
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello there! My name is Ruby, I'm 21 and I am currently in my 2nd year of studies at the University of Derby. Im studying Media and Film JHS (BA hons), long story short Ive been unhappy on this course since the end of first year. Events happened which led me to have an authorised extended absence that lasted from november 2016- january 2017. This was mainly due to mental and physical illnesses. Ive looked into my options, talking to my liaison adviser, doctor. They both suggested for me to try and submit evidence for my CPR(Compelling personal reasons) so I can apply for a more suitable course, closer to my family at the University of Lincoln. Ive contacted this university and they are happy to accept an application for stage one of Graphic Design (BA).

I was wondering, if i was to submit the evidence that led me to have to have absence from university, would they fund me an extra year so I can continue to study at Lincoln? Im worried that SFE will not fund me the extra year I would need. I was planning on writing a letter to SFE.
What kind of things should I include in the letter to SFE? I was thinking to briefly outline the events that have caused me to suspend my studies, and to maybe send some medical evidence. Is this appropriate? And if I do send some evidence, which is appropriate? I feel like sending parts of my records will be too intrusive, should a letter from my doctor/ liaison adviser be enough on top of my own? Thank you
Ruby
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
You need to send evidence which explains how your studies were affected. So, just being ill isn't enough, for example. You'd have to explain with evidence why your illness meant you had to suspend your studies or how it affected your grades.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
17.24%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
10.34%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
13.79%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
10.34%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
24.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
24.14%

Watched Threads