Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My new school has offered me the choice of "3 or 4 full A levels over the two years, or 3 plus an AS in Year 12". I was wondering on peoples opinions of which would be better.

Also, i am stuck on which a levels to take. For sure i want to take biology, but i dont know whether or not to pick psychology since it would limit my options (i think i want to study psychology at uni). For my other choices, im stuck between geography, business or maths. What combinations do you think would be best?
Im also worried about maths if i do decide to take it since its meant to be quite a difficult subject at a level, especially if i want to take it as well as biology. currently im in set 2 for maths and for igcse ive been getting a's/b's.
Thanks
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by love4daisy)
My new school has offered me the choice of "3 or 4 full A levels over the two years, or 3 plus an AS in Year 12". I was wondering on peoples opinions of which would be better.

Also, i am stuck on which a levels to take. For sure i want to take biology, but i dont know whether or not to pick psychology since it would limit my options (i think i want to study psychology at uni). For my other choices, im stuck between geography, business or maths. What combinations do you think would be best?
Im also worried about maths if i do decide to take it since its meant to be quite a difficult subject at a level, especially if i want to take it as well as biology. currently im in set 2 for maths and for igcse ive been getting a's/b's.
Thanks
You've asked this 3 times before
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4334772
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4559792
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4408142

What are you hoping to hear that noone has mentioned already?
gh0527
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you don't FULLY enjoy maths and love it as a subject you will struggle a lot, my school doesn't let anyone without at least an A in GCSE to do Maths A level, and yes Biology is a huge jump from GCSE you will be very overwhelmed. I knew I wanted to do psychology at Uni from the very beginning so I took biology, psychology, philosophy and sociology, ended up dropping biology because of how difficult I found it. It wasn't a problem at all though because I still got into decent unis for psych (UCL, Durham, KCL, Exeter, Manchester), as long as you know you don't want to go into the field of 'hard sciences' I don't see a problem in taking biology, geography and psychology as you will have two facilitating subjects. I think you should also do the EPQ, so 3 a levels + 1 AS as it's pointless to do an extra full A level
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (57)
23.95%
No (181)
76.05%

Watched Threads