Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just when you thought you'd ploughed new lows of boredom, discussing the different ways you are all planning on getting up to Durham someone comes up with something even more moronic to talk about:

What is the oddest thing you're thinking of taking to uni?

For me it will definately be my trusty roll of duct tape. I'm just back from three months travelling around europe and my roll of duct tape was probably the most useful thing I took apart from blister plasters and my sarong. Duct tape'll mend anything!

Alice xxx

ReputationRep:
    Im taking one of 3 portraits I did for my a-level exam. It was 3 drag queens, this particular one is called 'Coco'. Actually I plan not to tkae much tack, rather to buy it when im up there and give it to people as presents. U know wen u get a dodgy present, like an african fertility mask, and ur like 'oooh, thats, er, different'. WEll thats what my mates are getting this year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliceAS)
    Just when you thought you'd ploughed new lows of boredom, discussing the different ways you are all planning on getting up to Durham someone comes up with something even more moronic to talk about:

What is the oddest thing you're thinking of taking to uni?

For me it will definately be my trusty roll of duct tape. I'm just back from three months travelling around europe and my roll of duct tape was probably the most useful thing I took apart from blister plasters and my sarong. Duct tape'll mend anything!

Alice xxx
    Catering pack of individual milk sachets, like you get in cafes
    Milk goes off too quick, but these have a shelf-life of 6 months, don't taste too bad, and are always there when I need tea or coffee

ReputationRep:
    I'm not planning on taking much either. When I was travelling I had only about a dozen items of clothing including underwear and not much else...you soon realise that you don't need all that **** which you have stashed away in cupboards at home and think that you couldn't bear to be parted with!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dave134)
    Catering pack of individual milk sachets, like you get in cafes
    Milk goes off too quick, but these have a shelf-life of 6 months, don't taste too bad, and are always there when I need tea or coffee
    **** dave, how come youre so wise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeitgeist)
    sh*t dave, how come youre so wise?
    They say people learn from their mistakes...

I have obviously just made enough mistakes!

ReputationRep:
    "What is the oddest thing you're thinking of taking to uni?"

The oddest think i can think im taking to Uni, is well....myself

ReputationRep:
    mine's similar to dave's.

i'll be taking little tomato sauce sachets, caus i just can't get enough of the stuff.
    plus i'll get it cheap from work! hurray!

ReputationRep:
    why not just take a tomato sause bottle, it would save all the effort, unless u actually favor sachets to bottles, then fair enough

ReputationRep:
    i dunno....i guess the excitement of opening the sachets just got to me ?

Good plan!

ReputationRep:
    lol if thats ur idea of exitement m8, then I worry about you

think about it, how much more fun is it to have a squeasy bottle?

imagine it, a tomato sause bottle fight, always fun, especially in food fights, and id hate to see the poor fools trying to fight with sachets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrissyb)
    lol if thats ur idea of exitement m8, then I worry about you

think about it, how much more fun is it to have a squeasy bottle?

imagine it, a tomato sause bottle fight, always fun, especially in food fights, and id hate to see the poor fools trying to fight with sachets
    Ah but a bottle is sooo obvious and so direct, i like to be up close and personal in my tomato sauce battles, which a sachet can accommodate.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i'm startin to worry about myself now.

having re-read what i put in my last post, i think i'll give up the red-evil...its making me cuckoo! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    fair enough, everyone to there own i suppose, i still prefer bottles

hmmm im having a friendly argument over a tomato sause bottle, i better stop before i say any more and show up my fellow HBers,

sorry guys i promise i wont talke about tomato sause bottle any more

ReputationRep:
    where u from, guessin NE caus ure quite toon savvy

ReputationRep:
    im from the boro (middlesbrough)

im very toon savvy because i have alot of georide friends and my sister goes to uni there so i pic up phrases and slang words very easliy

i generally like to use slang, or shorten words, even though im not from newcastle, people (ESPECIALLY southern folk) mistake me for a geordie, even though im not.

btw nice to meet you m8, i havent introduced myself even though ive replyed to about 100 of ur posts, im Chris

ReputationRep:
    aww nah, ya not a boro fan r y ? divnt tell is yer a boro fan, nythin but a smoggie!

I'm Marc (from Gateshead really, but know one outside the NE knows where that is, so Newcastle does for the forum!)

ReputationRep:
    Marc eh, well yes UNFORTUNATLY im a boro fan, and in true rivelry style(although in a nice sort of way) i hope you f****g LOSE when boro play you, although well proberbly win since you all ill, thats what you get for allowing shay given to rome the streets of newcastle alone, he could have picked up MUCH worse

P.S good luck in the match

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrissyb)
    Marc eh, well yes UNFORTUNATLY im a boro fan, and in true rivelry style(although in a nice sort of way) i hope you f****g LOSE when boro play you, although well proberbly win since you all ill, thats what you get for allowing shay given to rome the streets of newcastle alone, he could have picked up MUCH worse

P.S good luck in the match
    yes, we are all ill. but we have reserves...and don't be fooled by gibsons claim that you'll be a big name with all these new signings....thats what Sir John Hall said (through his press office obv!) when Keegan got £70m to spend!! And we weren't MEGA-big...not til Sir Bob arrived!

OK, this is now too far off-topic, and people are going to hate us for it lol.

ReputationRep:
    yes shut up , topic spoiler, trust a woody to spoil topics

back on topic, something odd im taking also is unlimited spuply of Doctor Pepper i love the stuff

back on topic HOPEFULLY

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.