Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    BHS or, as i like to have it, British Frump Stores (rather than British Home Stores). the clothes in there are so frumpy it's worrying. i don't know how they manage it! all seem to have inbuilt flab panels for extra flab control and other mumsy type features

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliceAS)
    BHS or, as i like to have it, British Frump Stores (rather than British Home Stores). the clothes in there are so frumpy it's worrying. i don't know how they manage it! all seem to have inbuilt flab panels for extra flab control and other mumsy type features
    Just come back from shopping. Actually looked in BHS, and I can see your point. Was looking for a pair of boots for the ice and snow and rain in Durham, they only had them in bright mustard colour!

The only thing I have got from BHS recently was a pillow. You can't really go wrong when designing a pillow though.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, perhaps i should modify that last post cus although the clothes are dire, the bedlinen is ok. i get all mine from there...well, all the bed linen that i buy rather than manufacture myself out of my father's old underwear....but that's another story

ReputationRep:
    Hehe.. I see I'm going to have to get used to this shoppers know-how! I was just reading Bill Bryson's book on the UK and it's pretty cool.

Anyone read it yet? How true is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    Hehe.. I see I'm going to have to get used to this shoppers know-how! I was just reading Bill Bryson's book on the UK and it's pretty cool.

Anyone read it yet? How true is it?

do u mean the really old one ...can't remember the title. it is kinda true but u hav to remember that it is a book about his experiences a good 30 years ago. things hav changed a lot since then. to get the idea about what english shops are like i suggest u look at some english shop websites

ReputationRep:
    do u mean the really old one ...can't remember the title. it is kinda true but u hav to remember that it is a book about his experiences a good 30 years ago. things hav changed a lot since then. to get the idea about what english shops are like i suggest u look at some english shop websites

topshop-- brilliant for girls clothing. v fashionable but they hav sum classic kinda stuff too. if u want a plain pair of blue jeans they will prob hav half a dozen styles as well as some fashionable ones with applique or rips or whatever is in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dave134)
    Sorry to go back 10 pages here, but just remembered the oddest thing I shall be taking, my fish-hat

Its a standard baseball cap, but has a fish's head sticking out the front, a fin on top, and a tail sticking out the back.

EDIT: Two photos now attached
    Woah... thats pretty mad! Its definatly worthy of trophying by someone...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valen)
    Woah... thats pretty mad! Its definatly worthy of trophying by someone...
    here dave, have my mace to defend yourself. oh and here, have my chastity belt too...you never can tell with valen!

ReputationRep:
    here dave, have my mace to defend yourself. oh and here, have my chastity belt too...you never can tell with valen!
    Well according to the poll about me...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.