Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    and i'll definately be taking a bottle opener/corkscrew and lighter. i went travelling around europe on my own staying in hostels and found that having these simple pieces of equipment about your person, even if you don't drink/smoke yourself can make you very popular!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliceAS)
    and i'll definately be taking a bottle opener/corkscrew and lighter. i went travelling around europe on my own staying in hostels and found that having these simple pieces of equipment about your person, even if you don't drink/smoke yourself can make you very popular!
    good call. definately be on my "essentials" list - if i bother to make one

ReputationRep:
    at the moment my essentials list is a pile in the corner of my bedroom that i can't be bothered to tidy away. i just got back from travelling around the med and still haven't properly unpacked my rucksack.

in a moment of desperation i explained to my mother (who still thinks she can tell me to tidy my room) that the pile of stuff was actually what i'm taking to uni...not sure what i'm gonna do with a couple of bikinis, a pair of flip flops and a roll mat at uni, not to mention the factor thirty sun cream (during winter term?!?!?) and mosquito spray

ReputationRep:
    at the moment my essentials list is a pile in the corner of my bedroom that i can't be bothered to tidy away. i just got back from travelling around the med and still haven't properly unpacked my rucksack.

in a moment of desperation i explained to my mother (who still thinks she can tell me to tidy my room) that the pile of stuff was actually what i'm taking to uni...not sure what i'm gonna do with a couple of bikinis, a pair of flip flops and a roll mat at uni, not to mention the factor thirty sun cream (during winter term?!?!?) and mosquito spray
    you wont even need the SPF 30 during summer term at durham! make sure u bring a hefty winter coat.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for reminding me, i had forgotten about the coat. my old winter coat (the obligatory black ankle grazing regulation school one) has finally fallen to bits and so i need to get a new one. i think i'll be going for a rather wild colour just because i can! after years of having to wear strict school uniform coats it will be nice to have one in a mad colour and style.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm.....bet you end up going for a black one!

ReputationRep:
    ...not sure what i'm gonna do with a couple of bikinis, a pair of flip flops and a roll mat at uni, not to mention the factor thirty sun cream (during winter term?!?!?) and mosquito spray
    Wear them to Klute!

ReputationRep:
    worse would have been seen i'm sure. And the mosquito repellent could be quite an ice breaker during Freshers!

ReputationRep:
    nice idea, maybe i will take the bikinis afterall. i went to klute on the openday in january (some of the hildbede guys took us). it was bloody hot even then

ReputationRep:
    maybe if i get really poor i could give the mosquito repellent to someone as a christmas/birthday present

ReputationRep:
    It would have to be a pretty sorry state of affairs mind you. But you never know, you might just make their year. All I'm saying is that it's pretty unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    i could try covering the mosquito repellent label with one saying it was some sort of body spray...maybe

ReputationRep:
    I suppose you could, but the money spent on paper, pens and scissors (which you will undoubtedly not have) could've been spent on an actuall present, surely ? And what if it's twins' birthdays?

ReputationRep:
    the other twin gets the factor thirty sun cream

ReputationRep:
    simply genious. And duct tape for the triplet ?

ReputationRep:
    you got it! i'm just praying that quads don't turn up as i'm planning on using my bikini next summer

ReputationRep:
    just don't make friends with the quads. then you've no guilt.

ReputationRep:
    and what if they were male quads...a bikini? they might get the wrong idea

ReputationRep:
    True.....but women give underwear to Tom Jones et al...so they really might get the wrong idea.

ReputationRep:
    quite. they'll have to share the factor thirty suncream...unless they are really good looking...afterall, quads!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.