Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt.berlin)
    Auf der DVD vom Film "Führer Ex" haben mia eine Punk Version der ostdeutschen Nationalhymme gemacht.
    Guessing at a translation here...

On the DVD with the film "Führer Ex" there is a punk version of the German National Anthem.

ReputationRep:
    Meine Austauschspartner sei Rapper und "trend passender Hiphopper", deshalb hab ich bis jetzt nur deutsche Rapmusik gehoert, und keine andere Arten!

ReputationRep:
    Auf der DVD vom Film "Führer Ex" haben mia eine Punk Version der ostdeutschen Nationalhymme gemacht.
    echt? das klingt ja gut, oder?

ReputationRep:
    Ganz cool, glaub ich. Mia muessen ganz verrueckt sein!

ReputationRep:
    night night, sweet dreams everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliceAS)
    night night, sweet dreams everyone
    yeah, im off to bed now i think, night everybody!

ReputationRep:
    Ja, die sind total abgefahren. Die ostdeutsche Nationalhymme klingt super geil!

Dave your German is improving!

ReputationRep:
    geil is slang for cool right ? but actually means randy if i remeber rightly ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeitgeist)
    yeah, im off to bed now i think, night everybody!
    Just come back off holiday and my body clock hasn't adjusted yet, so i'll be up for another hour at least, killer since i have work early doors tomorrow too!
    Night Alice and Zeitgeist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tkfmbp)
    geil is slang for cool right ? but actually means randy if i remeber rightly ?
    Yeah it is both "really cool" and "horny". So a phrase like "Sie ist geil" can be taken two ways.

ReputationRep:
    Nice. Why doesn't English have anything like that ? Instead we have to be boring and confuse people with how many to/two/too's we have.

ReputationRep:
    The best laughs are to be had with foreigners speaking German. If someone says "Ich bin kalt" rather than "Mir ist kalt" (lit. "to me is cold") then it means they are cold-hearted. Similarly "heiß" means hot in the sexual way, and "warm" means "queer".

ReputationRep:
    The best laughs are to be had with foreigners speaking German. If someone says "Ich bin kalt" rather than "Mir ist kalt" (lit. "to me is cold") then it means they are cold-hearted. Similarly "heiß" means hot in the sexual way, and "warm" means "queer".
    French has similar

J'ai chaud ==> I'm hot
    Je suis chaud ==> I'm horny

J'ai froid ==> I'm cold
    Je suis froid ==> I'm frigid

J'ai plein ==> I'm full
    Je suis plein ==> I'm pregnant

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i knew the first two, but never knew that warm was gay. I think Ich bin spaet can mean "i am late" or I am pregnant, hence i always stay with "ich hab Verspaetung"

Ich bin Jungfrau - I am a Virgo (starsign) OR I'm a virgin, if i'm not mistaken.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not one to talk though. I currently make lots of "German" mistakes in my English. Like I suggested to my sister that she "control the temperature of her bath" (I meant "check").

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tkfmbp)
    I think Ich bin spaet can mean "i am late" or I am pregnant
    Kind of makes sense if you think about it.

ReputationRep:
    "I'm late" can mean "I am pregnant" in English too, can't it? Or at least, have not had period and so suspect pregnancy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dave134)
    Kind of makes sense if you think about it.
    Yeah! But not if your a guy, so I always play it safe.

ReputationRep:
    "I'm late" can mean "I am pregnant" in English too, can't it? Or at least, have not had period and so suspect pregnancy.
    Exactly. Its only a phrase used when pregnancy is suspected, people will say they are pregnant, or expecting once they have it confirmed.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I suppose, i'd never thought of the english equivalent.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.