The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Hm, I'm so unsure of my English these days. And I know I keep on using mixed (or even down-right incorrect) metaphors.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 81
Like what ? Quite understandable, having not spoken it for 10 months though!
Can't think of anything at the moment. But I notice I am translating into English. For example that first sentence first came into my head as "Nix fällt mir gerade ein."
I'm going to bring lots of stuff from home, especially family photographs.

Oooh.. this is a dumb question, do Durham provide pillows?
Reply 84
lilsunflower
I'm going to bring lots of stuff from home, especially family photographs.

Oooh.. this is a dumb question, do Durham provide pillows?

Yes they do.

Pillows can always be bought cheaply in town anyway. I bought some at one point for around £5 each.
dave134
Yes they do.

Pillows can always be bought cheaply in town anyway. I bought some at one point for around £5 each.

Reply 86
lilsunflower

whats the bed stuff like? do we need quilts and stuff? i know we need pillow cases and sheets, but what about the duvet? are they provided/satisfactory?
Zeitgeist
whats the bed stuff like? do we need quilts and stuff? i know we need pillow cases and sheets, but what about the duvet? are they provided/satisfactory?

Yeh that's what I was thinking. I wouldn't like to use someone else's duvet though.. it's kinda scary not knowing when it was last washed.

I'm bringing my own..
Reply 88
lilsunflower
Yeh that's what I was thinking. I wouldn't like to use someone else's duvet though.. it's kinda scary not knowing when it was last washed.

I'm bringing my own..

The bedding will all be clean, as they will have been renting out the rooms for conferences and Bed and Breakfast customers. The general public would complain very loudly if the rooms were not up to standard.
OOOH! My mum and brother will be staying in Johns for a bit. It's quite freaky lolz.. but yeh, they thought it'd be nice.
Reply 90
lilsunflower
OOOH! My mum and brother will be staying in Johns for a bit. It's quite freaky lolz.. but yeh, they thought it'd be nice.

*DSU website offline again*
Reply 91
In Castle you get a pillow but no duvet or bedlinen.
cardinal

Did international students at the Castle get single rooms too?
Reply 93

thats a bit mean, just a PILLOW, come to hild and u get the full works :tongue:
Reply 94
the boredom/stress of waiting for our exam results is clearly getting to us - we have just had a long and indepth conversation about the linen/duvet situation at various colleges...oh dear
Reply 95
its important! i need a good nights sleep
Reply 96
Hey....one thing that I was told everybody forgets when they go to uni is hangers!!! I hadn't even contemplated bringing these babies along until I was informed! I hope you have all now been enlightened :tongue: :smile:
Indeed, very important items.
Lolz. it's all the unimportant things that I'm forgettting!

Someone reminded me to bring flip flops for the communal bathrooms
I am trying to pack stuff away into the loft, which I will take to Durham but don't need until then. My problem so far is trying to work out what I won't need in the next 6 weeks.

Latest