Shock: Bush Says Something Intelligent Watch

This discussion is closed.
Made in the USA
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by BloodyValentine)
Police gave no official crowd estimate. One law enforcement official put the crowd at 125,000 people but organisers said it was more than 500,000, the Associated Press reported.

Hardly a small march.
Every news outlet I've heard from estimates the crowd to be at about 100,000, but it doesn't surprise me that organisers want it to seem like there are far more people than there are.

(Original post by BloodyValentine)
The protest was peaceful. There was a strong police presence, but most were not in riot gear. There were few confrontations.

Hardly violent lefty's

Though of course this was taken from the website of the wicked biased BBC
It was not nearly out of control as I expected, with only a few hundred arrests. These protesters are only going to help get Bush elected by putting a face on the opposition. Some of the dignified ladies and gentlemen that were protesting even took off all of their clothes. If you are ok with nudity, here is a link with a photo of the traffic stopping gridlock they were creating.

http://nyc.indymedia.org/newswire/di...3375/index.php

The naked people are aids activists, I think, but I'm not sure what their beef is. I don't think any leader in world history has tried to do more to stop the threat of aids. I doubt the protesters have hiv/aids. Take a look at them. With the looks and hygene habits they have, the last thing they probably have to worry about are diseases that are transmitted sexually.

It's a real shame that you guys can't see the convention on television. There were some very powerful and moving speeches a few hours ago.
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
another 900 arrests yesterday after New York traffic was brought to a standstill(preventing security and emergency services from reaching incidents. how socially minded!), brawls with police, vandalism and obstruction.
an Siarach
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I have to say John McCain surprised me with his speech at the convention by his acknowledgement of Moore.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by an Siarach)
I have to say John McCain surprised me with his speech at the convention by his acknowledgement of Moore.
im assuming it was ad lib, and i think 'jibe' would be more accurate.
an Siarach
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
im assuming it was ad lib, and i think 'jibe' would be more accurate.
I think you misapprehend what i was trying to say there. I was saying nothing other than what was posted - that i was surprised Moore was acknowledged at all because jibe or not (and it obviously was) it lends him a certain legitimacy which has been witheld (by the democrats also) thus far.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by an Siarach)
I think you misapprehend what i was trying to say there. I was saying nothing other than what was posted - that i was surprised Moore was acknowledged at all because jibe or not (and it obviously was) it lends him a certain legitimacy which has been witheld (by the democrats also) thus far.
I dont think it was anything unprecedented as far as the Republicans, conservatives or political right have already commented on. They have always referred to 'certain media personalities', the 'media' as being recognised critics of the party and the administration.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (123)
27.77%
1 (68)
15.35%
2 (67)
15.12%
3 (71)
16.03%
4 (33)
7.45%
5 (30)
6.77%