The Student Room Group

Uni essentials!!!

I've just been out Uni shopping, so i'm nearly all done on the kitchenware front now!!! I know I've got nearly a month to go before I start, but since my lil bro is at Reading Festival, I thought i'd use the opportunity to have them both to myself and while Reading town centre is quiet (its amazing how empty town is while the festival is on really!).

Anyway just wanted to give some advice - Argos and Woolworths - the best 2 shoops to find stuff in on the cheap!!! Argos is good for getting sets of stuff - like Pans, Utensils and Crockery. Then Woolies is good for all the little things, like a sieve, can opener etc.

I also went to John Lewis for towels - found some really good ones that are seconds (meaning they aren't quite cut straight, or a wonky seam - what does it matter?!) and cost me less than £25 for 2 big bath towels and 2 hand towels. The full price towels are £23 just for a bath towel!!!

Ok I did ramble quite a bit there, but I basically wanted to say Woolies and Argos are the best for cheap/resonably priced essentials!!!

Have fun Uni shopping everyone!!!
Ooh thanks! I'd forgotten to add can opener to my list!

Index is pretty good for bed linen too....sheets and pillowcases....and Argos have some nice duvet sets in cheap, and some buy one get one free (for when the fateful day comes when one set needs washing!) for those who aren't taking theirs from home!

D
-x-
Reply 2
Unregistered
Ooh thanks! I'd forgotten to add can opener to my list!

Index is pretty good for bed linen too....sheets and pillowcases....and Argos have some nice duvet sets in cheap, and some buy one get one free (for when the fateful day comes when one set needs washing!) for those who aren't taking theirs from home!

D
-x-

Yeah I got my bed linen from John Lewis as well. I have staff discount which i used (couldn't use it on the towels though as they were reduced!) and I found a nice but not too expensive set!!! I am going to take one of my 2 sets from home as well, so I'll have a nice one, and then an old one for when the nice one has to be washed!!!
I'm doing my uni shopping tomorrow i think, but there's so much to do and it's so time consuming!
Anyway just wanted to give some advice - Argos and Woolworths - the best 2 shoops to find stuff in on the cheap!!! Argos is good for getting sets of stuff - like Pans, Utensils and Crockery. Then Woolies is good for all the little things, like a sieve, can opener etc.

Its not always such a good idea to get nice "sets" of things at all. When your stuff gets "borrowed" or sometimes ruined - burnt pans etc, its better if you can just be laid back about it cos its only an old one from home. Also the nicer it is the more likely other people are to use it...
Reply 5
Unregistered

Its not always such a good idea to get nice "sets" of things at all. When your stuff gets "borrowed" or sometimes ruined - burnt pans etc, its better if you can just be laid back about it cos its only an old one from home. Also the nicer it is the more likely other people are to use it...

Asda's great for really cheap + simple cooking stuff + you don't have to buy it in sets but can still get matching stuff so you can have whatever you want. they're also good for cheap mugs + glasses etc.
Reply 6
hav u tried to carboot??

Latest

Trending

Trending