The Student Room Group

New Look interview.... what to wear???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
had my interview, passed the 1st part, am waiting 2 hear back if i got a job or not now =]
Reply 41
Did you get the job? i didnt go after i was really ill i was so gutted!! she keeping me on file incase anything comes up! i got an interview for h&m tomorrow.
Hey I got an interview at New Look on Wednesday. What do you guys think I should wear, I'm pretty confused with all this now because everyones telling me yes to dress smartly and no to dress casual, but another dozens of people are saying the opposite - yes to casual no to smart seem as though they're a fashion retail shop.

Any tips and advice please?
Reply 43
hii i actually still haven't heard back from them by phone or post =/ i'm going to phone them in abit! When the man phoned me to tell me i got an interview he told e to dress quite fashionable as thats what they want to see, if you got any fashionable clothes from new look id definately wear them!! hope this helps and good luck with the interview!!
Right the best thing to wear for a New Look Interview is probably something from New Look, wear something that is on-trend for the season, you'd be surprised but that actually goes a far bit of the way. It shows you know your fashion and thats what New Look likes. My deputy manager wears basically anything, she's proper hip and going into her 50's (I think), you can't expect to be all suited up and going into a job interview because you will look like a gorm. When I went for my interview, was almost a year ago now, the people in the room (about 6 of us) were all wearing very fashionable stuff and there's me with a tie and a blazer (I dumped the blazer LOL), though I did have work that same day so they excused me for the clothes.

I'm not sure if they still do it, but I had to design an outfit for a celebrity which is fun seeing as I never went into New Look until I actually applied to work there. :P Really though, you're going to be wearing quite casual clothes for your work so try to make it look as if you care for what you wear. I'm like the only bloke who works in a woman-dominant store and all the girls who go for interviews do wear pretty casual New Look stuff. :smile:

But do remember, its a job interview so be somewhat presentable in working casual clothes, don't go looking like a tramp. :P
Reply 45
i phoned up and it turns out i got a job :smile: can't wait to start. should be doing the training soon but can't wait for the new store to open!! :smile: anyone else get the job?
I have an interview tomorrow at 9 for New Look in Cardiff!
Think I know what I'm gona wear but still very scared lol mainly cos I had an interview at H&M a few weeks ago and didn't get it (even though the interview seemed to go really well!) so now my confidence is a bit shaken :/
Charliexx22
I have an interview tomorrow at 9 for New Look in Cardiff!
Think I know what I'm gona wear but still very scared lol mainly cos I had an interview at H&M a few weeks ago and didn't get it (even though the interview seemed to go really well!) so now my confidence is a bit shaken :/

Just saying this to make you feel better, even though it's a bit late as you'll be having your interview NOW! xD But yeah, maybe you wern't accepted because you wern't what they were looking for, or there were just better and more mature candidates at the time! I wouldn't be shaken by it, good luck to you though :smile:
Reply 48
I have a interview for New Look in Oxford st.
Im am SOO nervous because this is my 1st interview ever...and I am not sure what im goin to wear.
I am generally a bubbly, outgoing person but I feel like im not goin 2 kno what 2 say when they ask me questions like; Why do u want this job?

:frown:
Reply 49
i have an interview at tk maxx and i really am confused about what to wear, loads of people have said jeans and a smart top etc and some have said go smart as for any interview... i think they wear a uniform there tho, so it wouldnt be like new look where you would try and look fashionable? i dont have any smart trousers or anything tho, i have a nice pencil skirt which i could wear with a nice top? or would that be too dressy? help!!
Reply 50
Thanks for the interview info, hopefully it will help me with mine i have in a weeks time, i know what im wearing now and i know how i need to come across during the interview, fingers crossed ey !!! x
Reply 51
Smart trousers and a top like a jumper maybe.
Is it okay to wear and off the shoulder top to the interview?
Original post by Crazyb1789
Is it okay to wear and off the shoulder top to the interview?

Firstly why are you bringing back a 7 year old thread? Secondly, I wouldn't. I don't think they look professional or smart at all. If you're having to question in, then it probably means you know you shouldn't.
Okay thank you, and 7 year old threat?

Quick Reply

Latest