The Student Room Group

aptitude test CBAT at RAF Cranwell.

Hi I am hoping to join as an air traffic controller , I have passed the eye test, medical and fitness test . I have now received an email to advise I will be booked in for an aptitude test CBAT at RAF Cranwell.
I've read this is very difficult , if you don't pass what happens ?
Original post by mazz482
Hi I am hoping to join as an air traffic controller , I have passed the eye test, medical and fitness test . I have now received an email to advise I will be booked in for an aptitude test CBAT at RAF Cranwell.

You can either choose to continue your application for a branch you did pass for, or wait 12 months and re-sit.
Original post by mazz482

Hi Mazz482,

I'm not going to lie, it is challenging, however don't go in dreading it. Most of the candidates on my most recent CBAT (and including me) enjoyed it. They're essentially computer games recording your inputs and turning them into scores.

I'd recommend just going over some general arithmetic, SDT calculations and throw in memorising some long digit numbers.

Aside from that, enjoy the experience, chat to the other candidates and do your best.

Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Thanks for this
Reply 4
Original post by ryan9900
You can either choose to continue your application for a branch you did pass for, or wait 12 months and re-sit.

Thanks for this
Reply 5
Hi I sat this test today , scored well , been advised it is only the top 5 out of 20that go through , we have all left and not been told if we have got to next stage, do you know when we will be told the outcome?

I'm not going to lie, it is challenging, however don't go in dreading it. Most of the candidates on my most recent CBAT (and including me) enjoyed it. They're essentially computer games recording your inputs and turning them into scores.

I'd recommend just going over some general arithmetic, SDT calculations and throw in memorising some long digit numbers.

Aside from that, enjoy the experience, chat to the other candidates and do your best.

Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mazz482
Hi I sat this test today , scored well , been advised it is only the top 5 out of 20that go through , we have all left and not been told if we have got to next stage, do you know when we will be told the outcome?

Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! I assume someone will be in touch shortly regarding the next steps. What role are you going for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7

Congrats! I assume someone will be in touch shortly regarding the next steps. What role are you going for?

Air traffic controller
Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest