How good is KCL Computing compared to Imperial or UCL

Watch
Ankou
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've recently received an offer to study course 404 at KCL, which is a Msci in computer science, for surprisingly low grades.
I've received offers from the Universities of York and Glasgow for similar courses requiring higher grades.
I've also been interviewed at ICL and really loved the place. As I'm anxiously waiting for a potential offer, which I would instantly firm, I was wondering how KCL's CS department compared to the departments of the Unis cited above, as well as to UCL's , the latter, I hear, being the other big university in London
Cynoscephalae
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
May I ask, what were your grades?
Ankou
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Cynoscephalae)
May I ask, what were your grades?
I'm an EU student, my offer was 14 overall at the French Bac and 13 in Mathematics, but I doubt this was the answer you were looking for...
It is very hard for me to give you a decent equivalence. I do know that Glasgow asked a 15 of me and York did the same though
Bobjim12
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
ICL/UCL are considerably better, KCL's isn't great. However, place's like Imperial and UCL give you loads of work, KCL not so much. If you want to be working all time within a better department, go elsewhere, otherwise if you want a chill time working in a department that needs work.. KCL.
JaqenH'gar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Bobjim12)
ICL/UCL are considerably better, KCL's isn't great. However, place's like Imperial and UCL give you loads of work, KCL not so much. If you want to be working all time within a better department, go elsewhere, otherwise if you want a chill time working in a department that needs work.. KCL.
KCL isn't great........................... ................................ ....
QS ranks 21st in the world, MEH
Bobjim12
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by JaqenH'gar)
KCL isn't great........................... ................................ ....
QS ranks 21st in the world, MEH
Not for CS though, MEH

I am also a CS student at King's so, MEH
AdenHazard
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bobjim12)
Not for CS though, MEH

I am also a CS student at King's so, MEH
Hi, any idea for msc data science course at Kings?
Mariogunder
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
KCL is one of the best unis in the world... but not for CS. Not to say it's not good, but ICL would be a better option for technological subjects. I would generally say ICL>KCL>York=Glasgow.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (325)
55.75%
I don't have everything I need (258)
44.25%

Watched Threads