The Student Room Group

Hijabi in the gym

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Depends what she was wearing with it

if shes in yoga pants doing squats in a mixed gym then i'd find the scarf pretty pointless
Reply 61
Original post by BMH195
@TheProphetsPath, Stop implying that the OP is not a good muslim and commiting a sin by going to a multi-gender gym.

She made it clear that she does not want to settle for a lesser equiped gym for the sake of hiding herself from men. Also, she will not give up her yoga clothing and wear a burka in the gym.

Try to accept that not every muslim will follow your version of islam. And spare me the explanation that there are no versions of islam.

Aww thank you. This is soo nice to read :h:
OP, there's nothing wrong at all with you going to a mixed gender gym and wearing the clothes you like.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
OP, there's nothing wrong at all with you going to a mixed gender gym and wearing the clothes you like. Ironically it seems that the only people judging you on this thread are the extreme, backward Muslims. It's best to ignore them :smile:

Surely 'extreme' is inappropriate. Yes I agree there is a spectrum of Muslims in the world, some being devout more than others. But it is quite unfair to call those who are more devout into Islam and who love their religion 'extremists'. Extremism is a very negative word especially when portrayed in the UK.

Extremists is instead propaganda used by the media to label muslims who work with ISIS. ISIS is something I totally disagree upon. ISIS are rather using Islam as a way of getting attention, if they were the devout Muslims that they try to label themselves as then we wouldn't see the many crimes that they've committed.
Original post by TheProphetsPath
Unsurprisingly it's the one who consistently spends everyday hating on Islam and Muslims suggesting that they don't follow what it promotes. Your paradigm of morals don't correlate with Islamic morals and so your say on whether what's wrong or right for muslims to do or not do is irrelevant.
I appreciate you editing ur incredibly ignorant statement xx

Once again, you're conflating Islam and Muslims, criticising one isn't the same as criticising the other. Islamic morals? In case you hadn't noticed there's no agreement on that which is why there are so many different Islamic sects and interpretations.

I repeat, there is nothing wrong with the OP wearing whatever clothes she wants to in the gym.
You love your religion right? So who cares what others think, be yourself!
nothing.Its their business
I would notice it and think it unusual, nothing else.
Original post by GreenBell
How would you react to seeing a hijabi in the gym? I started going to the gym recently, I wear normal yoga pants and a shirt that's long.

I would be fine with it.

Quick Reply

Latest