DatComicalManiac
Badges: 5
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Context: Im currently in Year 12 (First Year) of doing a BTEC Level 3 in IT. I need DDD to do the course I want to do at University.

1.) How does Btec Grading Work?
2.) If I get MMM in the first year, can I still manage to get DDD in the second year?

Any Help much appreciated
marion771
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DatComicalManiac)
Context: Im currently in Year 12 (First Year) of doing a BTEC Level 3 in IT. I need DDD to do the course I want to do at University.

1.) How does Btec Grading Work?
2.) If I get MMM in the first year, can I still manage to get DDD in the second year?

Any Help much appreciated
You are going to do 9 units this year and 9 next year which is 18 altogether

so to get DDD you need:

12 Distinctions + 6 Passes

OR

12 Merits + 6 Distinctions

btw this year you will get a double grade ranging from PP - D*D* and next year you will get a triple grade ranging from PPP - D*D*D*
DatComicalManiac
Badges: 5
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by marion771)
You are going to do 9 units this year and 9 next year which is 18 altogether

so to get DDD you need:

12 Distinctions + 6 Passes

OR

12 Merits + 6 Distinctions

btw this year you will get a double grade ranging from PP - D*D* and next year you will get a triple grade ranging from PPP - D*D*D*
Thank you so much Also I was told that if I handed in my assignments late or if I was missing some of the criteria when I hand it in, the highest I could get would only be a Pass on the re submission, regardless of how good it is. Do you know if this is true?
marion771
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DatComicalManiac)
Thank you so much Also I was told that if I handed in my assignments late or if I was missing some of the criteria when I hand it in, the highest I could get would only be a Pass on the re submission, regardless of how good it is. Do you know if this is true?
You could definitely resubmit merit and distinction work. However, a teacher has the right to reject your resubmission only if he/she feels that you are not able to do the corrections without further tuition/guidance but this should be stated in the feedback.

They must mark the work that you have handed in late but then you are not allowed to do resubmit.

Also, if you don't pass the resubmission of some Pass criteria's then they will give you a new assignment which you have to complete and if you don't pass this then you will fail the unit.

I am currently doing BTEC IT (second year)
cyedu888
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi all, have you decided which universities to apply to? and have you had any uni offers yet?

I am also doing BTEC IT Level 3 1st year

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (170)
44.16%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
11.17%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.05%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.56%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.35%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.71%

Watched Threads