The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

did you find just one body tortured, mummified and then discarded ?

did its discovery reveal a nightmare world of hidden lives, of lost identities, secret rituals and brutal exploitation, where nobody can be trusted ?

:holmes:
Original post by 04MR17
*insert middle finger emoji here*In short: no. The Swedes I spoke to were very supportive of the country's immigration policy and as I trust my friends, I trust their judgement.

:tongue:
Hehe
What was the weather like?
Did you see any interesting animals?
Were the people nice?
Original post by veganrockchick
I've been living in Sweden for a while now and that rely depends on who you ask. Ethnic Swedes under 30 and people who live in the city tend to be more open minded. Older people and those who live in the countryside, not so much. It isn't something they would get seriously into with visitors either though!
My friends would. They're the creative type (like me). The purpose of the trip was to discuss these issues.
Original post by the bear
did you find just one body tortured, mummified and then discarded ?

did its discovery reveal a nightmare world of hidden lives, of lost identities, secret rituals and brutal exploitation, where nobody can be trusted ?

Nope. :nah: We did play a muder mystery though.:mmm:

that sounds like a reference...:curious:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
:tongue:
Hehe
What was the weather like?
Did you see any interesting animals?
Were the people nice?
Cold (but also really dry). Lots of snow. No bears. No interesting animals at all really, though we spent most of our time indoors. The people were all lovely. They let pedestrians across the road and everything.
Original post by 04MR17
Nope. :nah: We did play a muder mystery though.:mmm:

that sounds like a reference...:curious:Cold (but also really dry). Lots of snow. No bears. No interesting animals at all really, though we spent most of our time indoors. The people were all lovely. They let pedestrians across the road and everything.

The Swedish though :giggle: ah that sounds so lovely :daydreaming:
How long was the flight?
Have you ever played CAH?
:beard:
>everyone in the thread is saying sweden muslim rapes, etc, culturally enriching, etc
>little do they realise they're in the UK, another cucked country, then even has a TV and knife licence
Laughing-Men-In-Suits.jpg
Did you meet any swedes from the opposite gender?😉
The Swedish though :giggle: ah that sounds so lovely :daydreaming:
How long was the flight?
Have you ever played CAH?
:beard:
Aye. :h:
My house --> Manchester = 1 hour
Manchester --> Stockholm = 2.5 hours
Stockholm --> Skelleftea (another flight) = 1 hour
Skelleftea --> Accommodation = 45 mins
Total travelling time = 5 hours.
Are immigrants noticeable? Have they assimilated well into society??
Original post by ALYAMAANI
Did you meet any swedes from the opposite gender?😉
I did. (without the winky face)

Spoiler

Original post by HarveySpecter97
Are immigrants noticeable? Have they assimilated well into society??
Walking through two different Swedish schools, the racial diversity was extremely impressive. The environment seemed so calm and relaxed. So no, and yes.
Original post by Cynoscephalae
>everyone in the thread is saying sweden muslim rapes, etc, culturally enriching, etc
>little do they realise they're in the UK, another cucked country, then even has a TV and knife licence
Laughing-Men-In-Suits.jpg
I would like to say that everyone is a massive generalisation.
Reply 51
Original post by jambojim97
Do you feel that there are too many immigrants in Sweden and that it's lax immigration policies are leading to the country's decline?

I'm swedish and no, although we have our problems, the country isn't declining. In fact, we need of refugees for many professions in which we don't have enough people. I'd say a majority of swedes support the immigration policies and the "chaos" you see on TV and hear Trump talk about is faaaaar from the whole picture. There are loads and loads of false information about Sweden circling around, so be critical about what you read. Even if it comes from a Swedish source it may be false, because unfortunately we have people here who tries to confirm Trump's view for their own political winning.
Original post by 04MR17
Aye. :h:
My house --> Manchester = 1 hour
Manchester --> Stockholm = 2.5 hours
Stockholm --> Skelleftea (another flight) = 1 hour
Skelleftea --> Accommodation = 45 mins
Total travelling time = 5 hours.

:smile:
Oh wow :I did you watch any movies?
I don't know what CAH is cheese.:frown:
Original post by saes
I'm swedish and no, although we have our problems, the country isn't declining. In fact, we need of refugees for many professions in which we don't have enough people. I'd say a majority of swedes support the immigration policies and the "chaos" you see on TV and hear Trump talk about is faaaaar from the whole picture. There are loads and loads of false information about Sweden circling around, so be critical about what you read. Even if it comes from a Swedish source it may be false, because unfortunately we have people here who tries to confirm Trump's view for their own political winning.
I'm guessing you're South Sweden?
Original post by 04MR17
I don't know what CAH is cheese.:frown:

Cards Against Humanity :mmm:
did Stockholm emerge as a Northern Gehenna, a brutal and frightening dog-eat-dog world ?

Cards Against Humanity :mmm:
I have. Though I have a threshold when playing that game. I refuse to play certain cards.
Reply 58
Original post by 04MR17
I'm guessing you're South Sweden?

Yeah, the north is a little different. More conservative
Original post by the bear
did Stockholm emerge as a Northern Gehenna, a brutal and frightening dog-eat-dog world ?

Judging by the contents of Stockholm airport, no. Apart from that, I didn't spend any time in Stockholm.

Latest