The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheAlphaParticle
You need to stop judging people so quickly, you don't know their life nor their financial situation, you can't generalise. You need to stop putting everyone in your shoes and rather put yourself in someone else's shoes.

She isnt judging, she is asking what she does with £10 as I could imagine that having £10 a month is quite hard.
Original post by CoolCavy
summed that up perfectly :yep:

Cavy, you my girl. Talking sense fo' years x
Original post by ByronicHero
You go girl. I give my mum large amounts of money, am I a bad person?; I'm feeling this defence.

Islam and Sikhism both emphasise charity; shame to those who disregard this.

You're not a bad person at all, I would say its different when a child, especially when they have grown up and are now working or have worked and gives their parent money rather than the other way round because its a sign of respect, you give back and you help your parent out whereas if a child gets x amount of money and boasts about it, you have to think, are they flaunting it because they are declaring they get that amount or because they want to show off and tell the world they get this amount and then have the cheek to say to someone that their lower amount of money isn't enough and its terrible.

Charity is very important in Islam and Sikhism, Islam regards giving money to charities or known as zakat as an importance and that we must never be boastful of the amount we give to charity or the amount we earn/receive. Shame some people's morality goes out of the window eh.
I never had pocket money.
Original post by Rhythmical
and it really isn't any of your business what anyone else gets or not..

He posted in a thread titled "how much is your pocket money" so he chose to divulge how much he gets.

I was simply asking what he can do with £10 a month, nothing wrong with that.
I'll stop exposing you on TSR for 5 bitcoin
Yeahhh I work for my money :tongue:
None from parents but they pay for my phone and take me everywhere or pay for transport. £20 a month from grandparent

Posted from TSR Mobile
Link the channel *****.
Original post by Rhythmical
You're not a bad person at all, I would say its different when a child, especially when they have grown up and are now working or have worked and gives their parent money rather than the other way round because its a sign of respect, you give back and you help your parent out whereas if a child gets x amount of money and boasts about it, you have to think, are they flaunting it because they are declaring they get that amount or because they want to show off and tell the world they get this amount and then have the cheek to say to someone that their lower amount of money isn't enough and its terrible.

Charity is very important in Islam and Sikhism, Islam regards giving money to charities or known as zakat as an importance and that we must never be boastful of the amount we give to charity or the amount we earn/receive. Shame some people's morality goes out of the window eh.

You feel me.

I'm not religious at all, but I feel that my mum deserves my respect and my help x
Reply 50
when I was like 8 I started off getting like 50p a week

by age 10/11 it has risen to £1 a week and also £1 from granparents

by secondary school it was £2.50 a week from parents and £1.50 from grandparents

by age 14ish it was £5.00 a week from parents, £3.00 lunch money, and £2.00 from grandparents

At around 18/19 it stopped.

This was all quite a while ago so inflation has to be taken into account.
LOOK AT ME IM RICH I GET £4571873289033872920382901378 a week

you people get such a nominal amount how do you survive?!?!??!?
We need a music video for our band, but we don’t have much money…
I’m sorry to hear that.
Original post by AishaGirl
£100 a week :h:

I get it in exchange for studying and helping out around the house.

You got money for studying? Why would you need to be paid in order to work hard, surely you should do that for yourself?
You're implying that Muslim women cannot go anywhere besides the masjid? I can go shopping, to restaurants, the cinema, theme parks, go to watch football and many other things.
Original post by HopelessMedic
You got money for studying? Why would you need to be paid in order to work hard, surely you should do that for yourself?

Your avatar is trippy!!

Of course I would, if he suddenly stopped giving me money I wouldn't suddenly stop studying hard lol. It's just a reward that's all and it teaches me how to spend / save wisely.
School lunch money isn't exactly pocket money. :lol:

Your parents have a role to feed you anyways.
Your avatar is trippy!!

Of course I would, if he suddenly stopped giving me money I wouldn't suddenly stop studying hard lol. It's just a reward that's all and it teaches me how to spend / save wisely.

Ah ok, fair enough. I know some people who literally got money based on what grades they got, which i never understood.
£100 a week :h:

I get it in exchange for studying and helping out around the house.

What do you do with it?

Also... what do your parents do? :ninja:
Original post by HopelessMedic
Ah ok, fair enough. I know some people who literally got money based on what grades they got, which i never understood.

Some universities actually do this.

Latest