A-level law? good or bad? Watch

username2983974
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
if u study it, do you find it interesting?
Tom3198
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I personally did not do it but the people who i know that did found it interesting but said that it is a lot of work
taslima99
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm taking AS Law and it's amazinggg it's my favourite subject but it is a LOT of work
username2983974
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by taslima99)
I'm taking AS Law and it's amazinggg it's my favourite subject but it is a LOT of work
Can you tell me briefly what topics you do?
taslima99
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by dcc100)
Can you tell me briefly what topics you do?
I'm replying sooo late so I'm sorry if this isn't useful anymore, but anyway the first year is split up into two units - unit 1 is like lay people in the criminal justice system (such as juries) and courts systems and stuff, but some of the topics are alternative dispute resolution, judicial precedent, magistrates and how these work, what the advantages and disadvantages are etc.

Unit 2 is split into criminal law and tort law. Tort law is just negligence, which includes stuff like damages and duty of care (this is the section i hate the most lol) and the other section is like principles of criminal law (the components of a crime) and non-fatal offences like assault, battery, ABH, GBH.
username2983974
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by taslima99)
I'm replying sooo late so I'm sorry if this isn't useful anymore, but anyway the first year is split up into two units - unit 1 is like lay people in the criminal justice system (such as juries) and courts systems and stuff, but some of the topics are alternative dispute resolution, judicial precedent, magistrates and how these work, what the advantages and disadvantages are etc.

Unit 2 is split into criminal law and tort law. Tort law is just negligence, which includes stuff like damages and duty of care (this is the section i hate the most lol) and the other section is like principles of criminal law (the components of a crime) and non-fatal offences like assault, battery, ABH, GBH.
Thank you! I appreciate it!
qwerty505
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would definitely recommend it, especially if you are considering taking law for your degree, it helped confirm my interest and help me know that i'll actually be good at it. Remember though the spec's changing so it'll contain more tort/contract and less criminal than the current spec
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (30)
13.1%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
9.17%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
21.83%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (32)
13.97%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (27)
11.79%
How can I be the best version of myself? (69)
30.13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise