Ib subject/choice help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetcutiepie)
    I am really confused with your extra language thing. I never heard people taking three language courses.. well tbh I think you need more activities for top unis like Oxford and UCL (good lnat)..

I don't think Imperial offers law... also if you want to study law, i think some good uk universities take subject choices into account (Ex: LSE, Oxford) .. History HL (or SL) is far better than economics/psychology. Also, it's unlikely to get an offer without English A as part of your selection.. If you want to study law in UK, you really have to take english A. hope that helps (im applying for law in this cycle so i know quite a lot about going to law in university )
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    You can take an extra language course as your 6th subject (because that one is for an Art subject but you can choose an additional subject from Groups 1 to 4)

IBstudent02 I agree with the above poster that you need to have more activities but make sure that those activities are supercurricular (related to your subject) and dont't focus too much on other extracurricular activities (unless you really enjoy those activities then go ahead ) Make sure to have a lot of wider reading about your subject (Law/Jurisprudence etc...) Taking English A (Lit or Lit/Lang) would definitely be helpful but if you really couldn't then an essay subject would be imperative (like History if it is taught in English). Economics is fine... Psychology is fine as well... but having an essay subject and making sure your grades are mostly are all 7s and 6s is the most important course of action imo.
    Do you have any tipps for the lnat ?

ReputationRep:
    so if I only know English I wouldn't lose out when applying to an ivy league for lets say economics if I took a language B spanish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattjuan)
    so if I only know English I wouldn't lose out when applying to an ivy league for lets say economics if I took a language B spanish
    I don't think it would be that big of a difference.. it's only a problem if you are taking a language B for spanish and it's your first language..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IBstudent02)
    A lot of people take only one Language A,but if you are good at the other one it is good to take it because you get a bilingual certificate but really depends on the person
    Btw do you have any tipps about the lnat?
    hehe im taking 2 language A :P

For lnat, I would suggest the book Mastering the National Admissions Test for Law by mark shepherd. there are two sections: A) multiple choices B) essay. For multiple choices, I think you should try a few samples (from the official website and other sources). It's really to understand the format. For essay, I think you should look at whether the university you're applying are asking for it. For example: King's college requires LNAT, but does not look at essay at all. If you're applying to those that could possibly look at your essay, I think reading the "opinion" columns in any newspaper is useful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetcutiepie)
    hehe im taking 2 language A :P

For lnat, I would suggest the book Mastering the National Admissions Test for Law by mark shepherd. there are two sections: A) multiple choices B) essay. For multiple choices, I think you should try a few samples (fro
    m the official website and other sources). It's really to understand the format. For essay, I think you should look at whether the university you're applying are asking for it. For example: King's college requires LNAT, but does not look at essay at all. If you're applying to those that could possibly look at your essay, I think reading the "opinion" columns in any newspaper is useful
    Thank you😊

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 6, 2017
TSR Support Team
Poll
Electronic notes or handwritten notes?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.