The Student Room Group

Is it just me or...

Is it just me or what? Every-time I see some agonisingly desperate post about how someone has only just started to revise because they've finally got last minute panic and they want to somehow miraculously go from no passes to A*; I just think, 'I hope you fail'.

I know it's a bit mean but come on? Even people at my school have begun saying this, and it's like, I've had to put up with four years of your ass, mucking about and ruining every learning chance I get and somehow I have managed to keep my grades afloat, you want to decide now to revise? Honey, you still need to learn it.

I have constantly put in hard work, so yeah, I hope they fail so hard their parents disown them. I'm mean.

Scroll to see replies

I feel like i am the only one wid very bad grades
Original post by streetdude28
Is it just me or what? Every-time I see some agonisingly desperate post about how someone has only just started to revise because they've finally got last minute panic and they want to somehow miraculously go from no passes to A*; I just think, 'I hope you fail'.

I know it's a bit mean but come on? Even people at my school have begun saying this, and it's like, I've had to put up with four years of your ass, mucking about and ruining every learning chance I get and somehow I have managed to keep my grades afloat, you want to decide now to revise? Honey, you still need to learn it.

I have constantly put in hard work, so yeah, I hope they fail so hard their parents disown them. I'm mean.

You should care about what grades you get rather than what others get. Everyone revises differently, they may have put in the work in, you don't know that. I, myself, am a last minute crammer as it works for me and is effective. And it proves to be working for me and yes I have put in the work for many months. Some people have short term memory so find its best revising quite late whereas others can retain information for months and even years. Just focus on yourself rather than others.

woah calm down, how does them doing last minute revision impact you so negatively, just focus on yourself not others
Original post by Rhythmical
You should care about what grades you get rather than what others get. Everyone revises differently, they may have put in the work in, you don't know that. I, myself, am a last minute crammer as it works for me and is effective. And it proves to be working for me and yes I have put in the work for many months. Some people have short term memory so find its best revising quite late whereas others can retain information for months and even years. Just focus on yourself rather than others.

Original post by CraigBackner
woah calm down, how does them doing last minute revision impact you so negatively, just focus on yourself not others

I'm sorry but I do get rather tempered when every-time we take a class test they start passing my answers around like a prostitute. Trust me, they probably don't even know what the definition of 'revision' is.
I'm sorry but I do get rather tempered when every-time we take a class test they start passing my answers around like a prostitute. Trust me, they probably don't even know what the definition of 'revision' is.

thats something else then?
dont let them have hold of your answers then
Original post by CraigBackner
thats something else then?
dont let them have hold of your answers then

Well thank-you captain obvious I'll heed that advice.

Sorry for the sarcasm. I'm kinda taking it out on the internet.
Reply 7
to be fair, everyone has their own way to study. I am used to learning by myself than by teachers so I don't normally pay attention in class or if I do it's for a couple of minutes before I get bored. I know it's a pain in ass when people who never try, complain about everything and using others answers just to get better grades is a no-no but you are just being jealous because some can learn it faster than you. I start revising around Easter every year and always get high grades.
Original post by twice_
to be fair, everyone has their own way to study. I am used to learning by myself than by teachers so I don't normally pay attention in class or if I do it's for a couple of minutes before I get bored. I know it's a pain in ass when people who never try, complain about everything and using others answers just to get better grades is a no-no but you are just being jealous because some can learn it faster than you. I start revising around Easter every year and always get high grades.

I'm just annoyed, I ask them to shut-up (politely) and they laugh at me or call me a geek (rather old). I get that some people prefer to 'cram' but there's cramming and just bone idleness. It's just moreover rude people I can't stand, I know it sounds like I'm attacking everyone, but that's sadly the majority in my classes for some strange reason.

Looks lyk we got a speshul little snoflake.
Original post by Popsiclez
Looks lyk we got a speshul little snoflake.

Please do tell me what exactly makes me a 'speshul little snoflake'?
Reply 11

you thinking that you're better than everyone else....

from this thread you seem like a pretty **** person to be around honestly
Come on, don't tell me you've revising all the way through your GCSEs. No one has that mindset when they're in secondary school. People can easily start revising at this time and get A*s in GCSE. People can also start revising at this time in the year at AS Level and turn their fails into decent passes.

Jump down off of your high-horse and realise that everyone has different circumstances. Maybe people have discouraging families or difficult home situations which have made it hard or off-putting for them to revise early on. Some people, like me, didn't even think to revise through the majority of their GCSEs until this time. And that's totally fine.

You're not better than anyone else just because you started revising before they did.

I'm complimenting you, you're hoping a group of individuals fail their GCSEs, as only your method of revising is the only acceptable one. So you're special, above and beyond everyone. So when would you like your medal?
I'm complimenting you, you're hoping a group of individuals fail their GCSEs, as only your method of revising is the only acceptable one. So you're special, above and beyond everyone. So when would you like your medal?

I do not want them to fail because of the way they revise their GCSE's, I want them to fail because they halt my learning along with theirs during lesson.

:laugh:
Original post by Dafock
you thinking that you're better than everyone else....

from this thread you seem like a pretty **** person to be around honestly

I'm not trying to say I'm better, and I'm sorry it's coming off that way, I just really hate how I can never learn in class because they like c=screaming over the teacher, the teacher then gives the entire class detention which is wasting my time and the fact that every time we have a test they copy my answers and ridiculously thank my over Facebook for it.
Original post by Amazon_Lover
I feel like i am the only one wid very bad grades

don't worry

You detest people that don't have to work as hard as you, is that it?
Original post by _gcx
You detest people that don't have to work as hard as you, is that it?

No, I detest people who are extremely rude to me and ruin my education, I have said in this in the above comments already.

Quick Reply

Latest