Isnt there anybody old enough?????? Watch

This discussion is closed.
wicked3610
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Isnt there anybody old enough to study an open university course. I cant be the only one? im really stuck on last part of a TMA and could really use some advice. nobody posted on my last board
Pencil
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
How old are you Wicked?
wicked3610
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pencil)
How old are you Wicked?
24 - check my profile
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Maybe it's because no-body is stupid enough to do an open course.
wicked3610
Rep:
?
(Original post by Unregistered)
whats stupid about it?
Bumblebee3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hang on a minute, what an ignorant thing to say! Open courses can be a great way into higher education for people who haven't wanted/been able to attend uni before. Open uni students generally have had more experience and time to develop their ideas.
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Haz)
Hang on a minute, what an ignorant thing to say! Open courses can be a great way into higher education for people who haven't wanted/been able to attend uni before. Open uni students generally have had more experience and time to develop their ideas.
Indeed, Open University courses are very well respected by employers.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Indeed, Open University courses are very well respected by employers.
I love it how you write about subjects you know nothing about, how do you know they are respected? I've had experience with open courses and employers so i could comment on how respectable they are, how can you?
elisabeth_rb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I love it how you write about subjects you know nothing about, how do you know they are respected? I've had experience with open courses and employers so i could comment on how respectable they are, how can you?
Don't be so blooming snotty and opinionated! OU is VERY respectable. If you don't like it, go and join in another thread!
elisabeth_rb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by wicked3610)
Isnt there anybody old enough to study an open university course. I cant be the only one? im really stuck on last part of a TMA and could really use some advice. nobody posted on my last board
I'll be an OU student soon but maybe I can help anyway!?? I'm 31 if that helps!!! Tell me what you're stuck on and just maybe I may knwo something of worth. Doubtful, but we'll try!!!
Bumblebee3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well I can't speak for Lord Huntroyde, but why do you assume he would post something he doesn't know anything about - please give people a bit more credit. I know several people who have done open university courses and found them to be a chance at an opportunity they never thought they'd have. My mother works in education and also believes there a great benefits to be gained from open university.

If anything, it is people with a snobby and incredulous attitude like yours that reinforce any empolyment problems suffered by O.U. graduates. I would have thought a good employer would see a mature and industrious mind when looking at an O.U graduate.
wicked3610
Rep:
?
just for information, i already have an HND and A BSc so am not doing this as an easy way out. I work full time and am doing this to enhance my career.
wicked3610
Rep:
?
so there! here ends the arguement!
Bumblebee3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
so there! here ends the arguement!

It should not have been an argument - just a silly comment by an unregistered type person.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Haz)
It should not have been an argument - just a silly comment by an unregistered type person.
And if you people had heard of self control there wouldn't have been argument
Pencil
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Good for you Wicked, you take that course! The only people who'd have something against Open Uni' courses are snobs. Because they're not traditional, they're seen as 'second-class', just as HNDs are.
wicked3610
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pencil)
Good for you Wicked, you take that course! The only people who'd have something against Open Uni' courses are snobs. Because they're not traditional, they're seen as 'second-class', just as HNDs are.
fair enough, but HNDs arent second class, they are a practical course, which lead onto the BSc that i did. The HND took 2 years, the BSc 1 year, so i got 2 courses, 1 practical and 1 theory in the same 3 years i could have took to do my BSc Hons.
Bumblebee3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
And if you people had heard of self control there wouldn't have been argument
Actually, I think we showed remarkable self control given the snobby and ignorent nature of the original comment about O.U. courses.
wicked3610
Rep:
?
(Original post by Haz)
Actually, I think we showed remarkable self control given the snobby and ignorent nature of the original comment about O.U. courses.
i think so too. But back to the original question. It doesnt matter now i waffled 200 more words and put it in the post today. Only one investigation to do by Sept and a 3 hour exam in Oct, then im finished Thanx for the help (what help?) i got anyway!
wicked3610
Rep:
?
i think so too. But back to the original question. It doesnt matter now i waffled 200 more words and put it in the post today. Only one investigation to do by Sept and a 3 hour exam in Oct, then im finished Thanx for the help (what help?) i got anyway!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (279)
27.51%
No (735)
72.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise