BBC (fake) News implies Trump won because his name was 1st on ballot paper Watch

kangsterf
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-39082465

Looks like another sensational hit piece backed by a "source" who also hates Trump. No wonder Trump thinks the BBC is fake ends when they publish utter crud like this.
kurtyy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by kangsterf)

Looks like another sensational hit piece backed by a "source" who also hates Trump. No wonder Trump thinks the BBC is fake ends when they publish utter crud like this.
Do you have anything plausible counter argument? Or are you just going to smear the whole BBC and laugh if off because of the face value?

The lack of analytical and critical thinking and need for confirmation bias is why we're all laughing at dumb trump supporters and the alt right.

You're right, this isnt the reason. Trump won because of a broken undemocratic system that gives inbred rednecks more power than educated city folk.
Vikingninja
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't like the guy and his actions but this is ********. Basically like blaming Brexit on leave being on top or the general election. He won because of the system relying on state majority rather than population majority.
MagicNMedicine
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This actually happened, look at Sweden in their elections the candidate listed top of the ballot paper won and then the result was challenged and when they re-ran it with the names listed the other way round the result was reversed.
Vikingninja
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MagicNMedicine)
This actually happened, look at Sweden in their elections the candidate listed top of the ballot paper won and then the result was challenged and when they re-ran it with the names listed the other way round the result was reversed.
Just curious but how much later was the revote done because negative opinion can be generated during that time. Trump didn't win in a pop majority but by state majority which I find a bit of an odd system like ours.
unprinted
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
From memory, the form of any 'ballot papers' or electronic equivalent varies according to state law and can vary even within states. See, for example, the "butterfly ballots" in only some bits of Florida in 2000.
Ladbants
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
BBC is fake news, worst part is that we all have to pay for them to churn out their liberal bs with our licence fees
999tigger
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by kangsterf)

Not really I read it the other day its just an article thats all and nothing to get your knickers in a twist about. It was just examining the issue. I simply read it, considered it and though ok that was mildly interesting.

If you look on TSR any thread then the person who provides the earliest reasonable answer gets all the reps usually, same for DM forums.
999tigger
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ladbants)
BBC is fake news
Is that all you can say ladbants? You do realise if they are posting things which are untrue then you can report them to OFCOM. Off you go.
Ladbants
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by kurtyy)
Do you have anything plausible counter argument? Or are you just going to smear the whole BBC and laugh if off because of the face value?

The lack of analytical and critical thinking and need for confirmation bias is why we're all laughing at dumb trump supporters and the alt right.

You're right, this isnt the reason. Trump won because of a broken undemocratic system that gives inbred rednecks more power than educated city folk.
Thanks for insulting hard working, disadvantaged people from rural areas.
MagicNMedicine
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Vikingninja)
Just curious but how much later was the revote done because negative opinion can be generated during that time. Trump didn't win in a pop majority but by state majority which I find a bit of an odd system like ours.
It didn't I just made up a fake fact and put Sweden in it like Trump does

Although I do remember reading in the UK about how the Lib Dems complained because someone ran as the "Literal Democrat" party and ended up diverting a load of Lib Dem votes.
kurtyy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ladbants)
Thanks for insulting hard working, disadvantaged people from rural areas.
Thank you for conveniently ignoring my entire point. Why don't you go back to complaining about how the BBC are fake news instead of actually reading the content and seeing if they are lying
AperfectBalance
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If hillary won and her name was first if anyone said this they would be ridiculed
Vikingninja
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MagicNMedicine)
It didn't I just made up a fake fact and put Sweden in it like Trump does

Although I do remember reading in the UK about how the Lib Dems complained because someone ran as the "Literal Democrat" party and ended up diverting a load of Lib Dem votes.
Kk den. Also I don't think the lib dems are in a position to complain about that considering their bombshell in the last election with the coalition before. Unless you do mean the last election then **** me that's just making excuses for not being popular after ****ing up.or that's another fake fact.
kurtyy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For the idiots with the intellectual curiosity of a someone with dementia, let me point out the fact that this is under BBCs "magazine" section, it's not news. This is meant for people who want to learn and not dumb right wingers who scour the news for whatever trash satisfies their confirmation bias, even if comes from breitbart, infowars or a stupid PJW video. Maybe you dont like the idea of reality and facts and live in your "alternative facts" world but luckily the educated people around dont.
username1221160
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's an interesting but innocuous piece on voting behaviour and human psychology.

But that won't stop Trump supporters going full victim mode and chanting "fake news" like it's some kind of mantra to ward off evil spirits.
999tigger
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Quantex)
It's an interesting but innocuous piece on voting behaviour and human psychology.

But that won't stop Trump supporters going full victim mode and chanting "fake news" like it's some kind of mantra to ward off evil spirits.
Which idiots would just shout fake news?
nutz99
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by kurtyy)

The BBC is just another version of CNN - totally biased against Trump and totally biased against Brexit. Only an idiot would believe that people voted because of whose name was on a ballot paper first - but I suppose you believe it.

And the reason Trump won is because there are people like you who parcel anyone who doesn't agree with them in a neat little bracket. Anyone reading your post would actually think that it was an uneducated person who wrote it.
kurtyy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by nutz99)
The BBC is just another version of CNN - totally biased against Trump and totally biased against Brexit. Only an idiot would believe that people voted because of whose name was on a ballot paper first - but I suppose you believe it.

And the reason Trump won is because there are people like you who parcel anyone who doesn't agree with them in a neat little bracket. Anyone reading your post would actually think that it was an uneducated person who wrote it.
Nope, never said I did. But only an idiot looks at the title and source and completely dismisses it. Plus that wasnt news, it was an article on their magazine designed for people with the will to learn, not idiots like you who only want articles that support your view.

"this is why trump won" Boring. This silly rhetoric is getting a little old now. Trump won because of a broken electoral system which he himself is against and like it or not democratically Hillary was the one with more votes hence she is the rightful president.

Problem with you is that you split news into two neat sections; anything you agree with, usually found on the DM, Breitbart, Russia today or Fox news is genuine news which is against the status quo. Everything else is fake news. You're the idiot here, since you've just been brainwashed by trump into genuinely believing his "fake news" rhetoric which is actually him manipulating his dumb voters into seeing a reality that suits his agenda.
Kravence
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AperfectBalance)
If hillary won and her name was first if anyone said this they would be ridiculed
exactly this.

Liberals are hypocrites
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (154)
51.85%
No (143)
48.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise