Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone buy any clothes of ebay? They are so much cheaper than stores but I am concerned about fakes. Anyone have any tips on how to spot a fake other than the feedback.

What can you make the biggest savings from. Found some nice shirts so I may go to try on a lot to get and idea of sizes from shops

I have found that really cheap stuff that do not include geniune in their description may be fakes as the feedback comments say that the seller is selling fakes.

ReputationRep:
    I bought a bundle of 20 pairs of LaCoste socks a while back for £20
    They make wonderful gifts.
    Seemed real enough - high quality

ReputationRep:
    LOL
    socks!

That's an amazing idea
    I was just thinking a few minutes ago, "all my socks are different colours and have holes in, I wish I just went out and bought 10 pairs all the same"

I'm gonna have a look for that.

As for clothes in general, I've had a look and would probably consider buying the stuff. Problem is, you can easily hide a stain in a photograph, but it's not likely.

I might consider fragrances as well, stuff like Gucci for £10 (god knows why someone would sell it for that?)... worth a try. Just remember with e-bay it can make you think you want something in the heat of the auction. Step back and seriously think what you'd be using that for in a week, would it just be junk?

happy bidding

ReputationRep:
    As if i've just bought a french maid's outfit off ebay I've only ever got cds off there before but i have a rocky horror night coming up and wanted something special!!!!! Sending off payment tomorrow teehee :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Levi's Jeans which I regretted as they were **** and too small, so I resold them on ebay again.

Then I bought another pair of Levis', from a dealer, checked the sizes, then went to a local shop and tried on the same jeans in the same size, then went back and bought them. Ive never looked back.

ReputationRep:
    since i got back from thailand ive noticed pretty much everything clothing wise is fake on ebay. on the plus side, its next to impossible to tell, right up to labels, but considering t-shirts cost ~£2, so youll just be giving them a healthy profit.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.