The Student Room Group

I've stamped on an Electrical plug! Now I have a Hole in my Foot...

Attachment not found

So what happened was..
My 2 year old niece fell out of the big bed {aka my mums double bed}. I was helping her into bed as shed started crying.
So we all do this thing if an inanimate object has hurt her or she's hurt herself on it, we tell it off and hit it back, just to cheer her up. Well I had her in my arms and stamped my foot on the floor to do that but not realising there was a plug on the floor.
Now I have a gaping, bloody hole in my foot. My real question is do I need to go to the A&E to get stitches or can I let it heal as I've got an antiseptic bandage covering it.?!?!?!?

Help Please???????

Scroll to see replies

Why on earth is this in Relationships?
Original post by MyFightSong
Why on earth is this in Relationships?

Where should it be? I need help that's all, I'm new too this website :/
Original post by LittleeCuppycake
Where should it be? I need help that's all, I'm new too this website :/

Take it to Chat
Original post by MyFightSong
Take it to Chat

How do I delete this post aswell? Sorry to bug you.
If it's quite deep you should go to a and e. It'll need gluing together especially if it's on a bit that you walk on. It won't heal by itself. If it's superficial cover it and make sure you keep it very clean. It's not an emergency though so if you have a local walk in clinic go there.
How do I delete this post aswell? Sorry to bug you.

Dunno bout that, just leave it up.
Seen the pic. It needs gluing. Go get it seen to
Original post by Sammylou40
If it's quite deep you should go to a and e. It'll need gluing together especially if it's on a bit that you walk on. It won't heal by itself. If it's superficial cover it and make sure you keep it very clean. It's not an emergency though so if you have a local walk in clinic go there.

I have a doctors not far from my house but it won't be open till Monday. If it isn't better by Monday I'll make an appointment. It's only gone deep enough to the fat layer of my skin.
I have a doctors not far from my house but it won't be open till Monday. If it isn't better by Monday I'll make an appointment. It's only gone deep enough to the fat layer of my skin.

Monday is too late sadly. For it to heal properly it needs doing fairly quickly. If there's no walk in centre you'll have to go to a and e. Preferably in the next hour or so. It'll be quiet by now so pay them a visit
Ouuchh
Monday is too late sadly. For it to heal properly it needs doing fairly quickly. If there's no walk in centre you'll have to go to a and e. Preferably in the next hour or so. It'll be quiet by now so pay them a visit

I have no way of getting to any. Walk in centre is all the way in town and I'd need a taxi to get to my hospital. I stamped on the plug 9 hours ago. And everyone's asleep now.
I have no way of getting to any. Walk in centre is all the way in town and I'd need a taxi to get to my hospital. I stamped on the plug 9 hours ago. And everyone's asleep now.

Ok. You should have sorted it then. 😝 Never mind!!
As soon as someone gets up get them to nip you through. Keep it raised and lightly covered. Don't put any sort of cream on it though. It can encourage infection.
Ok. You should have sorted it then. 😝 Never mind!!
As soon as someone gets up get them to nip you through. Keep it raised and lightly covered. Don't put any sort of cream on it though. It can encourage infection.

All we did was clean the wound as best as we could and my mum had antiseptic gauge that she got from the hospital to stop any infections aswell as a big plaster covering that. Mum said that cream would've made it worse.
An I've got a big pillow in my bed for my foot to keep it raised though.

Thank you for the advice 👍
All we did was clean the wound as best as we could and my mum had antiseptic gauge that she got from the hospital to stop any infections aswell as a big plaster covering that. Mum said that cream would've made it worse.
An I've got a big pillow in my bed for my foot to keep it raised though.

Thank you for the advice 👍

That's ok. When you get up look at it. If it's started to dry up then you could maybe leave it to heal. That will leave a dint and a scar though ! If it's still wet you really will have to get it sorted. Good luck!
That's ok. When you get up look at it. If it's started to dry up then you could maybe leave it to heal. That will leave a dint and a scar though ! If it's still wet you really will have to get it sorted. Good luck!

I don't really mind about scars or dents it's just my foot, nobody else is going to see it. But hopefully it'll have dried up by the morning, I'll try not to walk on it as much. Thank you!
Reply 16
tbh I hate A and E ..they make you wait like 8 hours whilst they let children with runny noses jump the que in front of you

If it's deep it might be worth going though
Original post by ANM775
tbh I hate A and E ..they make you wait like 8 hours whilst they let children with runny noses jump the que in front of you

If it's deep it might be worth going though

I checked it this morning it seems to be healing up better than I thought it would. It's been cleaned with salt water and put savalon over it aswell as a clean antiseptic gauge and a large plaster. Might not have to go to the doctors Monday but I will just to see if there's anything wrong with it.

I sprained my ankle last year which resulted in going to A&E and I was I. There for ages just for a scan
I checked it this morning it seems to be healing up better than I thought it would. It's been cleaned with salt water and put savalon over it aswell as a clean antiseptic gauge and a large plaster. Might not have to go to the doctors Monday but I will just to see if there's anything wrong with it.

I sprained my ankle last year which resulted in going to A&E and I was I. There for ages just for a scan

Ok. Salt water is fine but make sure it is thoroughly dry before you cover it!! Avoid the savlon. It keeps the wound wet and significantly slows healing. It's got to be as dry as possible. I'd not bother with doctor now unless the edges of the wound become very red and/or warm. That would mean infection. And walk on it as little as possible to allow it to mesh together
Attachment not found
Ok. Salt water is fine but make sure it is thoroughly dry before you cover it!! Avoid the savlon. It keeps the wound wet and significantly slows healing. It's got to be as dry as possible. I'd not bother with doctor now unless the edges of the wound become very red and/or warm. That would mean infection. And walk on it as little as possible to allow it to mesh together

Thank you for the advice. The cut on my foot is healing up nicely. Stopped using a plaster days ago, I've now just use a thin pad in my sock and apply a small layer of sudocream. The only pain I get in my foot is a bit of an ache but that's it.

Quick Reply