The Student Room Group

Student finance

Hi. I am currently on a 12 month working holiday visa in NZ. I am due home next month. I have applied on ucas and have been accepted to most universities. I was just about to apply for student finance and it says I have to have been living in the UK for 3 years prior to study. Does this mean I won't get accepted? I have really disliked living here and have had depression. The only thing keeping me going is the thought of going back to university. Can anyone help. Thanks in advance.
Moved to Student Financial Support
Reply 2
Original post by Beave 72
Hi. I am currently on a 12 month working holiday visa in NZ. I am due home next month. I have applied on ucas and have been accepted to most universities. I was just about to apply for student finance and it says I have to have been living in the UK for 3 years prior to study. Does this mean I won't get accepted? I have really disliked living here and have had depression. The only thing keeping me going is the thought of going back to university. Can anyone help. Thanks in advance.

You can prove that you were abroad temporarily just by producing your visa. As long as you kept all of your ties to the UK (bank/savings account, GP/dentist registration, name still on the Council Tax bill etc) then you will be assessed as being permanently resident in the UK during your working holiday.

Quick Reply

Latest