Beave 72
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am a UK resident on a temporary working holiday visa in NZ. I have applied to start university in Sept and was just about to start my finance application. It states that I have had to have lived in the UK 3 years prior to starting university. Does this apply in this situ? What about people who take gap years and are still funded? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Powersymphonia
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Beave 72)
I am a UK resident on a temporary working holiday visa in NZ. I have applied to start university in Sept and was just about to start my finance application. It states that I have had to have lived in the UK 3 years prior to starting university. Does this apply in this situ? What about people who take gap years and are still funded? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
It means that you need to have lived in the UK for 3 years if you were not born in the UK or don't have parents that were born in the UK. You are not living permenantly in New Zealand so, yes you can get finance.
Beave 72
Rep:
?
Thanks very much
Beave 72
Rep:
?
I found this before so I think I do have some proof of visa to supply etc.
Beave 72
Rep:
?
https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...for-home-fees-
Beave 72
Rep:
?
https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...for-home-fees-

What do you think?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Beave 72)
(Original post by Powersymphonia)
It means that you need to have lived in the UK for 3 years if you were not born in the UK or don't have parents that were born in the UK. You are not living permenantly in New Zealand so, yes you can get finance.
This is incorrect. UK born students can and will be rejected for home fees and student finance if they can't prove that any stay outside the UK/EEA is a temporary move.

In the case of the OP a temporary visa to work abroad would not affect ordinary residency and so they should still be eligible (but MUST declare the stay in NZ and provide proof that it is temporary if required).
Powersymphonia
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
This is incorrect. UK born students can and will be rejected for home fees and student finance if they can't prove that any stay outside the UK/EEA is a temporary move.

In the case of the OP a temporary visa to work abroad would not affect ordinary residency and so they should still be eligible (but MUST declare the stay in NZ and provide proof that it is temporary if required).
I was not aware of this. Thanks for clarifying PQ.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (135)
42.45%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (36)
11.32%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.49%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (67)
21.07%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.69%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.97%

Watched Threads