A-Level Edexcel English Language and Literature (9EL0) [new specification] Watch

zacharylhw
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey guys, I’m a private student doing the above qualification and I would really appreciate it if someone can answer me the followings:

1. The new exam seems to put much emphasis on linguistics features, with linguistics terms such as hyperbole, syntax filling the mark scheme. Do they still give credits to literary analysis such as schools of criticism / characterisation / interpretation of the events (e.g. Wuthering Heights: Heathcliff’s name originated from a dead son indicates the potential of belonging to the Earnshaw family)?

2. I've read some of the mark schemes and exemplar works of the old specifiation. But they are just confusing as they used a different mark scheme. So for my exam, should I always start with one key event/moment and analyse it in a paragraph (and add in some contexts and connections with other text where possible)?

3. For connections across texts, can I compare within the text itself (i.e. different poems in the anthology)?

Thank you so much guys!
Ady1-2
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,
I just started this course earlier this week as a private student as well! I'm studying with Open Study College..
Just thought I'd ask how its been for you? Any tips and advice would be much appreciated! Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?