The Student Room Group

May I please have some advice? I'm falling for a girl in my class.

There would be no problem at all except I need to get to know her better but unfortunately I almost never get the chance to talk to her in person and unfortunately she's not the first girl I've hit on. I'm not a likeable guy. I'm worried my chances of her liking me will go down if she doesn't like me. If it doesn't work then I'll have to join tinder or get a prostitute because I'm tired of rejection, but as a virgin, it would be nice if I could get a girl that liked me for a change. Also, if it doesn't work out, would a club be a bad place to try and pick up girls? I need to start somewhere. Someone close to me died and I haven't really had the chance to enjoy life. My desperation is coming from the "life is short notion". It's just a shame girls don't find me attractive and I'm actually quite scared.
Original post by Anonymous
There would be no problem at all except I need to get to know her better but unfortunately I almost never get the chance to talk to her in person and unfortunately she's not the first girl I've hit on. I'm not a likeable guy. I'm worried my chances of her liking me will go down if she doesn't like me. If it doesn't work then I'll have to join tinder or get a prostitute because I'm tired of rejection, but as a virgin, it would be nice if I could get a girl that liked me for a change. Also, if it doesn't work out, would a club be a bad place to try and pick up girls? I need to start somewhere. Someone close to me died and I haven't really had the chance to enjoy life. My desperation is coming from the "life is short notion". It's just a shame girls don't find me attractive and I'm actually quite scared.

As you mention class and a prostitute, I assume you're 18 or younger... it sounds really cliched but don't give up just yet, because you can't base your worth and success on a limited pool of people from people you go to school with.

It sucks to not be found attractive and have people wanting your interest, believe me :lol: but you have to work with what you've got. You don't necessarily have to be very confident but you can't exhibit awkwardness or sit back and do nothing, otherwise nothing will happen.

Maybe something you can do here is to speak to her, get her to hang out with you (even if it's just you studying together) and moving from there? This worked for me once.
There would be no problem at all except I need to get to know her better but unfortunately I almost never get the chance to talk to her in person

1. Message on social media about something in the class
2. Take ok-ish starting point into a relatively decent pm conversation to learn more about
3. If it goes well then you can probably talk to her in person quite comfortably when you do see her, so long as you don't be awkward.
4. ????
5. Profit

I'm worried my chances of her liking me will go down if she doesn't like me.

Usually if a girl doesn't like you the chances of her liking you are already 0 seeing as the event regarding the probability in question has already happened...no?

My desperation is coming from the "life is short notion".

But given you've said "class" a bunch I'm assuming you're not at uni, so still hypothetically have the possibility of going and meeting a bunch of new gals there should gal in question go wrong, and plenty of people pull while at uni so really you do not need to feel like you've got to speedrun through it all. You've actually got a bit of time fam.

get a prostitute

I wouldn't advise losing your virginity to a prostitute, it wouldn't help your blatant self esteem issues.

Also, if it doesn't work out, would a club be a bad place to try and pick up girls?

If you're ok with potentially being somebody's drunken mistake then sure I guess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending