The Student Room Group

My new puppy keeps pooing on the floor

I got an a 8 week old black Labrador since yesterday and she keeps pooing on the floor. How do I stop her from her doing it? Yes, I'm a first time dog owner and yes I do have an 8 year old cat.
Do you have puppy training pads for her? She's 8 weeks old and is still learning.
Why did you have to go anonymous for this? :lol:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown

I believe OP may be worried about his or her dog's reputation. Canines have feelings too, especially online.
Reply 4
It'll adjust overtime, just scold her when she does it and put her outside/point at the door (don't lock her out loool) and she'll get the message that's where she needs to go.
Original post by Anonymous
I got an a 8 week old black Labrador since yesterday and she keeps pooing on the floor. How do I stop her from her doing it? Yes, I'm a first time dog owner and yes I do have an 8 year old cat.

The only way a puppy can learn is correction. When you catch her squatting indoors, pick her up by the scruff, shout "NO" very loudly at her, put her outside, and overdo the praise when she poops outside. You mustn't shout at her if she has finished pooping on the floor and gone off to do something else - she wont know what shes being punished for. Mother dogs clean up and feed their puppies up until 12 weeks, so its highly unlikely your dog will be properly house trained for a few weeks yet, and even then there will be the odd accident. I've bred puppies, and currently have a litter of 12 week old pups - the mother is still feeding the puppies occasionally, even though they have been weened, and try cleaning up after them (yes, she eats their poops). Hope this helps.
Reply 6
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
It's not really relevant is it?
Reply 7
Original post by Tiger Rag
Do you have puppy training pads for her? She's 8 weeks old and is still learning.

Yes
Puppy training pads
Reply 9
Original post by Fullofsurprises
I believe OP may be worried about his or her dog's reputation. Canines have feelings too, especially online.

Nah, you're just some c*nt trying to be funny and trying to start an argument.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending