Nazi Germany help?! Watch

katelynn.x
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've got a load of mock exams coming up and I have history tomorrow! I'm studying a load of past papers to help get the jist of how to answer the questions. I came across a four marker which is: What can you learn Fromm source A about the 'Strength Through Joy' organisation? The source is a poster published by the 'Strength Through Joy' organisation in the 1930s. It shows passengers getting on to cruise ship called 'Bremen'. Could anyone be of any help pleaseee?
LeapingLucy
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can you post a photo?

I'd need to see the actual source.
katelynn.x
Rep:
?
Name:  IMG_2866.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  426.7 KB
(Original post by LeapingLucy)
Can you post a photo?

I'd need to see the actual source.
LeapingLucy
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
- Cruise ship > important part of 'strength through joy' scheme was for people to have enjoyable holidays, this source shows us that that included cruises
- Massive size of cruise ship > vast number of people who got holidays through the scheme
- Car being hoisted up > perhaps mention that the Nazis initially promised everyone a cheap car
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by katelynn.x)
Name:  IMG_2866.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  426.7 KB
The actual ship might be relevant...

Posted from TSR Mobile
katelynn.x
Rep:
?
(Original post by LeapingLucy)
- Cruise ship > important part of 'strength through joy' scheme was for people to have enjoyable holidays, this source shows us that that included cruises
- Massive size of cruise ship > vast number of people who got holidays through the scheme
- Car being hoisted up > perhaps mention that the Nazis initially promised everyone a cheap car
Thank you so muchhhhhh!!
ALYAMAANI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I remember I did history and this question would be the first question on the paper.

Couldn't you say the strength through joy was very popular due to the size of the ship.
PandaSal
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by katelynn.x)
I've got a load of mock exams coming up and I have history tomorrow! I'm studying a load of past papers to help get the jist of how to answer the questions. I came across a four marker which is: What can you learn Fromm source A about the 'Strength Through Joy' organisation? The source is a poster published by the 'Strength Through Joy' organisation in the 1930s. It shows passengers getting on to cruise ship called 'Bremen'. Could anyone be of any help pleaseee?
The SS Bremen was a majestic liner for her time, she along with her sister ship Europa, sailed the transatlantic crossing to the US. She later (1939) on sails through the Panama Canal, the first liner of her size to do so. She was the first large luxury liner, similar to the Titantic.

Now Kraft durch Freude (Strength Through Joy) focuses on providing affordable activities for all, bar Jews, the disabled etc, to enjoy. There was a huge push towards physical excerise under the NSDAP regime with sports being the major push, there was also a push for cinema and excursions. All of this was affordable for the average German of the time, many of whom would become quite wealthier than the average European due to WW2.

The Bremen ties into this through the KdF sanctioned holidays which were to the US and South America, the liner would also bring back US tourists to see Germany under Hitler's rule. Holidays were stopped in 1939 but the rest continued.

You should have learned about the KdF already if you're being asked a question in regards to the Bremen, if not Google will go into much more detail than I am prepared to as it's your education, not mine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (14)
5.93%
No (222)
94.07%

Watched Threads