Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

freeview watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Percy here,
    i want to get freeview for my room and i just wondering which was the cheapest one around at the mo? .
    thanks
    Werthers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PercyWerthers)
    Percy here,
    i want to get freeview for my room and i just wondering which was the cheapest one around at the mo? .
    thanks
    Werthers
    www.richersounds.co.uk do some cheap ones.

The very cheap ones have a poor internal signal amplifier which means you need a very very good arial or it won't work. RS are good about letting you take stuff back though. I have a Philips STR1500 and the quality is very good. I heared the Sony's are the best for freeview boxes but they cost more than £100.

You should be able to get a decent one around the £30-£60 mark. Avoid the Matsui brand as they are expensive and no better than the cheapo £40 ones you can get in RS.

ReputationRep:
    Percy here,
    thanks
    Werthers

hey sweetheart, I think you need to sort ur sig out.

"[FONT=Impact][SIZE=7][COLOR=DarkRed]
    Money cant buy you hapiness so don't seek for it.
    Feast on your life."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    hey sweetheart, I think you need to sort ur sig out.

"[FONT=Impact][SIZE=7][COLOR=DarkRed]
    Money cant buy you hapiness so don't seek for it.
    Feast on your life."
    lol. me and technology,
    I saw that when i first done it, i just keep it there now

ReputationRep:
    I got mine for xmas and i was about £100 although the price has gone down a lot.

ReputationRep:
    I cant get it in my area! oh!

ReputationRep:
    It's not really that exciting at the moment. I occasionally watch Sky Travel, BBC News and UK History but there really isn't much extra on most of the time. Now if Sky One was on freeview that'd be different!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spleenus`)
    It's not really that exciting at the moment. I occasionally watch Sky Travel, BBC News and UK History but there really isn't much extra on most of the time. Now if Sky One was on freeview that'd be different!
    Yeah i agree the channels aren't great, i guess it makes a change from 1 to 5 though.

ReputationRep:
    If you can get hold of an old ITV/on digital box they receive freeview.

ReputationRep:
    I quite like freeview, for a start its made the picture sooo much better (tho thats just cos its digital but still), and although its mainly repeats on BBC3/4 and ITV2 its quite good when you've missed stuff (or more usually when the genius's in control of tv timetabling put all the good things on each channel on at the same time). I'd say i defo watch the normal channels more but its quite good to have, especially when its so cheap.

ReputationRep:
    Percy here,
    thanks
    Werthers
    Buy yourself a digital (DVB) TV then you will no longer require one....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spleenus`)
    You're the same as me, me and my mom have grown a love for the little real time clips they do of cities around the world on Sky Travel, and Whittaker's Travels or whatever it's called.... I love those. There was one with the Princess Michael yesterday on the E&O express, wonderful. UK History is great though, who'd ever think you could learn so much about World War II off TV

ReputationRep:
    You'll get a better quality picture through a good analogue aeriel, freeview looks incredibly poor on a projector.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dazmanultra)
    You'll get a better quality picture through a good analogue aeriel, freeview looks incredibly poor on a projector.
    i cant afford an aeriel though so freeview it is

ReputationRep:
    i love freeview... :rolleyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 14, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.