The Student Room Group

Do you want to be in a relationship?

if so, why? (Just a general question I just want to see if people prefer being in one rather than being single)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Being single is a great thing, your life is literally yours. However, once you find someone you love, there's no thinking about it. You want to spend every moment with them and make them happy. You don't care as much about your life being yours, it's like your life merges with someone else's and you form some sort of continuum. Some people want relationships for sex or for whatever other reason, but in my opinion if that continuum doesn't exist then there is no point in it at all.
Reply 2
Original post by oShahpo
Being single is a great thing, your life is literally yours. However, once you find someone you love, there's no thinking about it. You want to spend every moment with them and make them happy. You don't care as much about your life being yours, it's like your life merges with someone else's and you form some sort of continuum. Some people want relationships for sex or for whatever other reason, but in my opinion if that continuum doesn't exist then there is no point in it at all.

That is honestly 100% true well like in my opinion. I would really want to value and treasure someone if i were to be in a reltionship with someone I love. I dont think they'd be any point if theres no actual feelings involved.
Reply 3
No

I gain happiness from helping society, working towards something greater than just one person.
Reply 4
Original post by Therec00
No

I gain happiness from helping society, working towards something greater than just one person.

thats nice:smile:
No

bc no
Yes, I'd love to be in a relationship but since I only like long term relationships I am waiting till next year when I am in uni :h:

In fact I have gone without it for a while now since I needed to focus on my studies :s-smilie:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Steljoy
Yes, I'd love to be in a relationship but since I only like long term relationships I am waiting till next year when I am in uni :h:

aww cute id want the same too
No, I don't actively seek it. If it naturally happens, then it happens. They make the best relationships.
Reply 9
Already in a relationship with food and it never lets me down.
Original post by UWS
Already in a relationship with food and it never lets me down.

bruh me and you both lmao
Original post by Das Kapital
No, I don't actively seek it. If it naturally happens, then it happens. They make the best relationships.

its best that way i guess
Reply 12
not right now, no
Maybe it's kind of weird but I always just feel awkward in relationships. I feel like there are way too many expectations, and I hate how people end up abandoning their friends for one person. A friend of mine was in a relationship with this guy, and whenever we slept over and he wasn't there she'd stop talking to us and just text him. Her personality changed entirely as a result of this guy, and in general it was a very uncomfortable time.

idk, they're just a lot of effort and pressure.
Original post by Anonymous
if so, why? (Just a general question I just want to see if people prefer being in one rather than being single)

I would love to be in a relationship, but in this mental state I am, it is not a good idea. Can't take care of myself, don't mention for a life partner on my side.
(edited 7 years ago)
would like to in the future but i feel like its another one of them things that sounds great as an idea but actually isnt when it happens.
plus i need to fix myself first and have a feeling i'll probably end up being manipulated tbh
Original post by Kallisto
I would love to be in a relationship, but in this mental state I am, it is not a good idea. Can't take care for myself, don't mention for a life partner on my side.

Ah its important to take care of yourself first, hope everything gets better!:smile:
Original post by saffarinda
Maybe it's kind of weird but I always just feel awkward in relationships. I feel like there are way too many expectations, and I hate how people end up abandoning their friends for one person. A friend of mine was in a relationship with this guy, and whenever we slept over and he wasn't there she'd stop talking to us and just text him. Her personality changed entirely as a result of this guy, and in general it was a very uncomfortable time.

idk, they're just a lot of effort and pressure.

tbh yeah i get you but my reason would be that I find it rather distracting
would like to in the future but i feel like its another one of them things that sounds great as an idea but actually isnt when it happens.
plus i need to fix myself first and have a feeling i'll probably end up being manipulated tbh

its normal to have trust issues ig
Ah its important to take care of yourself first, hope everything gets better!:smile:

Don't think so. I have an instability of my mentality, get depressions whenever I am feeling upside down, whenever I am feeling so weak to accomplish my everyday life, I am full of doubts about myself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending