The Student Room Group

Do you want to be in a relationship?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chelseadagg3r
Ehh. My last relationship was a mess. I wasn't happy and it really hurt me. A little over a year later, I do wonder if I might be ready again. I'm certainly not actively looking, but I would think about it if something came my way, whereas before it would've been a definite no

Wish you all the best in your future relationships, no one deserves to be hurt.. Much love :heart:
For me I feel as though I need to be. You could say I'm at a really bad stage at the moment and I have an awful mindset. I'm trying so hard to change that but my answer is yeah I do want to be in a relationship :smile:
I would kill to be in a relationship right now which is the reason why I wont get into one any time soon. Being in a relationship means I get to love someone with everything I have and for some reason its one of the best feelings I've had. Having someone you can always talk to and get affection from and never feeling lonely. Knowing that someone actually loves and appreciates you for who you are and the kisses and hugs...
My last relationship was mentally, physically and emotionally abusive. I am in a better relationship now and I'm very happy in it, although we do have a few minor issues but I'm sure with time we will sort them out. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
For me I feel as though I need to be. You could say I'm at a really bad stage at the moment and I have an awful mindset. I'm trying so hard to change that but my answer is yeah I do want to be in a relationship :smile:

Me too, I feel like I NEED to be in a relationship to be the best version of myself which is just silly because it actually made me a worse version of myself.
Not at this minute partly because my last relationship scarred me a little. Uni, yes. But I wouldn't actively seek it I don't think.
(edited 7 years ago)
I've preferred being single my whole life. Whatever it is about relationships that are meant to be great, I'm just not seeing it.
Original post by saffarinda
She broke up with him a couple of months ago! It was her first relationship, it lasted around 4-5 months in all honesty. I just remember her best friend got seriously annoyed when we slept round and she said he couldn't because her boyfriend was staying round, and there wasn't enough room for anyone else.

It was just little things like her spending more time with him during break and lunch times, her sense of humour got a lot cruder etc.

Your relationship sounds really sweet! I hope you guys are happy <3

She's probably learnt so much from that!
If you are really great friends maybe you could say something like 'i was concerned about you when you were in your last relationship, you didn't spend so much time with your friends. You deserve someone who nurtures you' and see what she says. Depends on your relationship with her of course!!
Wow everyone whos been in a relationship has seemed to have a rough time. I hope everything becomes better for you guys y'all will get the best people that will truly treasure you for who you are and they'll make you smile every day. But you're fine being on your own too nothing wrong with that make your happiness your priority 😊
Reply 69
If I met my ideal woman then yeah

If you're talking about a relationship with any random good looking chick then no, too many girls are self-obsessed psychos nowadays so I'd definetly sleep with them but never settle down with one
Original post by Nerry
If I met my ideal woman then yeah

If you're talking about a relationship with any random good looking chick then no, too many girls are self-obsessed psychos nowadays so I'd definetly sleep with them but never settle down with one
well you might as well just wait for the right woman 😊
hell yeah
Original post by saffarinda
Maybe it's kind of weird but I always just feel awkward in relationships. I feel like there are way too many expectations, and I hate how people end up abandoning their friends for one person. A friend of mine was in a relationship with this guy, and whenever we slept over and he wasn't there she'd stop talking to us and just text him. Her personality changed entirely as a result of this guy, and in general it was a very uncomfortable time.

idk, they're just a lot of effort and pressure.

Completely agree,especially at uni even minor things such as do you hang around with your group of boys still or would you now have to keep sitting next to your girl in lectures ect Eventually, obviously spending less and less time with your main friends.
Reply 73
No chance
Original post by revolver777
I've preferred being single my whole life. Whatever it is about relationships that are meant to be great, I'm just not seeing it.

Have a person on your side to talk about everyday issues every time is a point in my opinion which makes being in a relationship great. What do you think?
I'm the type of person that doesn't get a gf that easily, so I'm hoping that uni will be different for me for the better
Hmmm, I'm currently in a relationship, its quite new and my first one. I guess the thing is I don't want to be in "a relationship" I want to be in "this relationship". I'm very happy but I've also been very happy being single in the past as well. If I hadn't met this guy I'd probably still be single and happy but right now it seems I'm happier with him than I am alone :rolleyes:
Original post by Kallisto
Have a person on your side to talk about everyday issues every time is a point in my opinion which makes being in a relationship great. What do you think?

For people who want to talk to people a lot each day I can imagine that being a very fulfilling experience. But for people who want too much alone time and space, like myself, then it would be a nightmare.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending