The Student Room Group

18 and 40 year old - I know of one....

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tiger Rag
And you know this how? I know people where they do work. Admittedly, I did date someone where there was an age gap and it was obvious from my point of view it wouldn't work. But he was just desperate.

did you ever get daddy issues comments?
Reply 181
Original post by elmosandy
I think @Plumstone can prove you wrong with that one :wink:

Whos that? some old perv?
Original post by cfgvh
Whos that? some old perv?

I've went from its nine of my business and I cant handle saying it is to I'm the 18 year old girl and I need to get out because it's sick. So goodbye
Original post by cfgvh
lol you're just saying that because everyone else said it wasn't wrong.Like I say you're a crowd follower. lol you sheep. Baaaaaahhhhhhhhhh Baaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.

Ive asked everyone who thought it was wrong why and agreed with some people on their view on why it wouldn't work. I wanted to see people's opinions. Ngl, I did think people would say disgusting, because this site is uber conservative so I just wanted to see the reaction. I liked the answers I've reciecved from both sides. So, I've gone from its none of my business stay out of it you judgemental woman to I'm the 18 year old girl and how sick what the hell is wrong with you?. If you're not going to offer your point on this age gap respectfully, then goodbye
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 184
Ive asked everyone who thought it was wrong why and agreed with some people on their view on why it wouldn't work. I wanted to see people's opinions. Ngl, I did think people would say disgusting, because this site is uber conservative so I just wanted to see the reaction. I liked the answers I've reciecved from both sides. So, I've gone from its none of my business stay out of it you judgemental woman to I'm the 18 year old girl and how sick what the hell is wrong with you?. If you're not going to offer your point on this age gap respectfully, then goodbye

Are you saying you the 18 year old girls that's going out with the 40 year old?
Original post by cfgvh

Im saying it's gone from it's none of my business to I'm the 18 year old girl with the 40 year old on this thread.
Reply 186
Im saying it's gone from it's none of my business to I'm the 18 year old girl with the 40 year old on this thread.

So it went from your relationship is none of your business to it is your business?
Original post by cfgvh

I've got the daddy issues comment from both sides and if you see I've don't actually agree or necessarily agree with that and that has to be the case ( why can't it be a casual sex relationship?) I can't agree every 18 year old in this situation has 'daddy issues' I think that's a stereotype. So I do have a mind of my own and don't agree with everything😊
Original post by cfgvh
So it went from your relationship is none of your business to it is your business?

It went from I'm judging the girl to one or two people saying maybe it's me that's the girl
Reply 189
It went from I'm judging the girl to one or two people saying maybe it's me that's the girl

ewwwwwww you like 40 year old grandads? ugh you disgusting. :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
Original post by cfgvh
ewwwwwww you like 40 year old grandads? ugh you disgusting. :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

I mainly got that opinion about me because I was arguing to both sides what about if it's not a daddy issues type relationship/she's not using for money/no money involved/no sugar daddy/it's a Fwb casual relationship/ there's no feelings involved ( because people aussme it's the other on, daddy issues,sugar daddies, money, relationship, feelings, taking advantage, 18 year old needs a father, what about if she has a father?) I wanted to know people's opinions on the alternative situation. Obviously, someone said it's not better and that it has to be me.

Honestly, I reject 30 year old men in the street so I don't know why I would be in a relationship with a 40 year old. I don't know how it would work either if I was in that position. But it worked for some obviously.
Reply 191
I mainly got that opinion about me because I was arguing to both sides what about if it's not a daddy issues type relationship/she's not using for money/no money involved/no sugar daddy/it's a Fwb casual relationship/ there's no feelings involved ( because people aussme it's the other on, daddy issues,sugar daddies, money, relationship, feelings, taking advantage, 18 year old needs a father, what about if she has a father?) I wanted to know people's opinions on the alternative situation. Obviously, someone said it's not better and that it has to be me.

Honestly, I reject 30 year old men in the street so I don't know why I would be in a relationship with a 40 year old. I don't know how it would work either if I was in that position. But it worked for some obviously.

hahahha everyone laugh at the grandad lover. :u:
Original post by cfgvh
hahahha everyone laugh at the grandad lover. :u:

No ones laughing though because everyone said it's not my business , or I don't agree but good for them😂.

Who's generally a grandad at 40? if anything 40 year olds have 10-14 year old kids on average.
Reply 193
No ones laughing though because everyone said it's not my business , or I don't agree but good for them😂.

Who's generally a grandad at 40? if anything 40 year olds have 10-14 year old kids on average.

lol you'll forever be known on tsr as the grandad sniffer- thats your new name now. :colonhash:
Original post by cfgvh
lol you'll forever be known on tsr as the grandad sniffer- thats your new name now. :colonhash:

^ okay
Original post by cfgvh
you mad grandad sniffer lol?

On a level I can't even find bar work which I'm experienced in because I look 15 so I doubt any 40 year old would openly date me and go through the humiliation of having a 15 year old girl on their arm. Would probably get humiliated by people if they found out he was dating a 18 and she looked 25. But I suppose looking 25 with a 40 year old isn't even that bad
(edited 7 years ago)
If it was someone close to me I would not agree tbh
Original post by SuperHuman98
If it was someone close to me I would not agree tbh

Why?
It's predatory. They're at completely different stages in maturity.

If he's not dating someone around his own age, there's a reason for that.
Original post by elen90
It's predatory. They're at completely different stages in maturity.

If he's not dating someone around his own age, there's a reason for that.

Divorce?

Also, what about if the relationship was casual, etc he's just seeing her no money/serious involved?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending