Just a few questions after reading Freshers handbook (I'm staying in Hatfield college if it makes a difference)
1. Am I allowed to bring a mini kettle for my bedroom? (The freshers handbook only mentions no toasters/ microwaves)
2. What are other essentials out of the following: ironing board, clothes drying rack, laundry bag, desk lamp (or are any of these provided?)
3. Within Hatfield, I'm sure I've read that wifi can be only be used in study areas and libraries but CAN'T be accessed from bedrooms... How do I browse the internet from my bedroom? I have a Macbook - does this mean I will have to buy a thunderbolt-ethernet cable adapter to use that? Will internet work in the bedroom then?
4. Will I always be guaranteed a place at my own Formal dinners within Hatfield since I'm catered accommodation? (The sentence "sign up for formal a few days in advance - places are first come first served" has scared me a bit)
5. Can any Anthropology students tell me the names/author of the books I'll need for the core modules? (Just saw a comment that you can view the available library books online... Anthropology is my subject - http://library.dur.ac.uk/search/d?SEARCH=anthropology&SUBMIT=Search