luciasoares
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hi! i am an international student and i am applying for ba 3d animation and modeling at the university of hertfordshire.
The university has asked me to see my portfolio.
Could anyone give me some feedback? i am still trying to improve it.

portfolio:
luciasoares.wix.com/portfolio
natkaw
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Are you sure that they will look through the "additional work"? I think the last piece there (with a rabbit) is the best of yours. It'd be a shame if they didn't look there.
I think you should add more sketches to your final pieces to show the development of a project And maybe take a better picture of the third painting, the light is reflecting on that one.
Personally, I'd rethink the order of pieces. I've heard the tip to start and finish with your strongest ones, to leave a good impression.
Good luck with your application!
luciasoares
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by natkaw)
Are you sure that they will look through the "additional work"? I think the last piece there (with a rabbit) is the best of yours. It'd be a shame if they didn't look there.
I think you should add more sketches to your final pieces to show the development of a project And maybe take a better picture of the third painting, the light is reflecting on that one.
Personally, I'd rethink the order of pieces. I've heard the tip to start and finish with your strongest ones, to leave a good impression.
Good luck with your application!

thanks for the feedback
i already changed a bit the order of the pieces but i will rethink more about it later.
i am still trying to put better pieces in the portfolio and i will put more sketches of the final pieces i have.
Smhiley1
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Just wondering whether you were successful with your portfolio and if so how you are finding the course!
luciasoares
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I didn't get in at first (I can now see how bad my portfolio was), so I did a foundation year at that university. Now I'm in the first year of the course and I am doing well. The course is really good but really challenging also.
Last edited by luciasoares; 2 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (12)
9.09%
Okay (36)
27.27%
A bit lacking (48)
36.36%
Not good at all (36)
27.27%

Watched Threads