The Student Room Group

Parents income for widowed parent living with a new partner.

Hi there,

Having a dilemma in that my Mother is a widow and has been for over 9 years. For that last 4/5 year's we have been living as a combined 'family' with her new partner.

When entering parent's income for the student living costs loan calculation, do I just enter my Mother's income or the combined income of her and her partner?

Thanks in advance.
Original post by thomas33.farr
Having a dilemma in that my Mother is a widow and has been for over 9 years. For that last 4/5 year's we have been living as a combined 'family' with her new partner.

When entering parent's income for the student living costs loan calculation, do I just enter my Mother's income or the combined income of her and her partner?

Thanks in advance.

It's the latter.
From their website, one of the options is "one of your parents and their partner, if you’re under 25 and live with them or depend on them financially".
Original post by Kvothe the Arcane
It's the latter.
From their website, one of the options is "one of your parents and their partner, if you’re under 25 and live with them or depend on them financially".

Thanks for that. Just out of interest, my Mother's partner is self-employed so we would go on his earnings from the last set of business accounts as the household income as that is the latest figure we have?
Hi,

If its for this coming September we would ask for the income for the 15/16 tax year.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending