The Student Room Group

What to do with a degree in Political Economy? Careers? Masters?

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering what career prospects are available for those with a degree in Political Economy. I'm wondering if you guys knew anyone with this degree, and what they ended up doing.
Also, to get further education (masters), is it possible to deviate from political economy? Maybe economics or finance?

Thanks!
Original post by sonnet18
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering what career prospects are available for those with a degree in Political Economy. I'm wondering if you guys knew anyone with this degree, and what they ended up doing.
Also, to get further education (masters), is it possible to deviate from political economy? Maybe economics or finance?

Thanks!

Initially I wanted to do a masters in finance, but I looked at the content and thought maybe it wasn't for me... also, the fees at Imperial for example was 33k!

I then looked into CompSci and the feed are 13k, it's open to anyone with a 2:1 and relevant experience/qualifications, that may be worth considering. It's intended for someone who didn't study CAs at Undergrad. I believe you can study stuff like economics/finance related stuff as part of it.

But yes, have a look around, you might be able to do A&F as well.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
Initially I wanted to do a masters in finance, but I looked at the content and thought maybe it wasn't for me... also, the fees at Imperial for example was 33k!

I then looked into CompSci and the feed are 13k, it's open to anyone with a 2:1 and relevant experience/qualifications, that may be worth considering. It's intended for someone who didn't study CAs at Undergrad. I believe you can study stuff like economics/finance related stuff as part of it.

But yes, have a look around, you might be able to do A&F as well.

Thank you for sharing your experience! I hope everything works out for you.
Do you happen to know what other people in your courses with this degree ended up doing?

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest