No international student caught by UCAS by not declaring all GCSE or Alevel results ? Watch

luke9901
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
In my home country's study aboard forum , many student want to study in UK for Bac. curriculum seems to hide their bad rusults and only declare good ones.

Seems no one been caught even some get into Oxbridge
legendoftortor
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That's interesting. I'm an international applicant from the US, and many of the universities have requested official and certified copies of my high school/university transcripts as well as my exam scores. It seems that it would be difficult to hide bad results this way, but I could be wrong.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by luke9901)
In my home country's study aboard forum , all people want to study in UK for Bac. curriculum seems to hide their bad rusults and only declare good ones.

Seems no one been caught even some get into Oxbridge
IB results are verified directly by IBO to UCAS.

Omitting results might be forgiven by universities for international students but the "bad" results are known.
luke9901
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=toridor324_;70292604]That's interesting. I'm an international applicant from the US, and many of the universities have requested official and certified copies of my high school/university transcripts as well as my exam scores. It seems that it would be difficult to hide bad results this way, but I could be wrong.[/QUOTE

emm...Many of them are completing or completed IAL OR CIE Alevel Exams;They hide bad results but seems no penalty at all;

Some are changing grades for their school transcript[which is quite normal for students in my countries applying for US as US Colleges asked for GPA]

I am just wondering if it is British Uni, want some fresh cash so they just check whether they pass the condition offers or not
luke9901
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=PQ;70292618]IB results are verified directly by IBO to UCAS.

Omitting results might be forgiven by universities for international students but the "bad" results are known.[/QUOTE

I am not talking about student studying IB but for Alevel[CIE and IAL],it seems clear for international students[at least in my country] there are no penalty at all for hide retakes or hide bad Alevel results ;

Most students just put their best three Alevel results to pass condition

May you simply give me a example of a international student 's UCAS application is cancelled due to hide grade or hide retakes?

I just wonder why...it is UCAS not check at all?
luke9901
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=luke9901;70292822]
(Original post by toridor324_)
That's interesting. I'm an international applicant from the US, and many of the universities have requested official and certified copies of my high school/university transcripts as well as my exam scores. It seems that it would be difficult to hide bad results this way, but I could be wrong.[/QUOTE

emm...Many of them are completing or completed IAL OR CIE Alevel Exams;They hide bad results but seems no penalty at all;

Some are changing grades for their school transcript[which is quite normal for students in my countries applying for US as US Colleges asked for GPA]

I am just wondering if it is British Uni, want some fresh cash so they just check whether they pass the condition offers or not
I dont think Oxford forgive for a student to hide Further Math 's U if they found out
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
IB results are verified directly by IBO to UCAS.

Omitting results might be forgiven by universities for international students but the "bad" results are known.
I am not talking about student studying IB but for Alevel[CIE and IAL],it seems clear for international students[at least in my country] there are no penalty at all for hide retakes or hide bad Alevel results ;

Most students just put their best three Alevel results to pass condition

May you simply give me a example of a international student 's UCAS application is cancelled due to hide grade or hide retakes?

I just wonder why...it is UCAS not check at all?
You're assuming that the other qualifications are not picked up by UCAS/universities.

In reality the other attempts will be matched to applicants by UCAS/exam boards. Universities are just more willing to overlook omitting grades in international applicants who are likely to have less support for the UK admissions system then UK applicants.

Plus if they're admitted and then fail the university still has the tuition fees.
luke9901
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
You're assuming that the other qualifications are not picked up by UCAS/universities.

In reality the other attempts will be matched to applicants by UCAS/exam boards. Universities are just more willing to overlook omitting grades in international applicants who are likely to have less support for the UK admissions system then UK applicants.

Plus if they're admitted and then fail the university still has the tuition fees.
...Well..any example?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
...Well..any example?
Do you understand the principle of confidentiality?

If you're looking for excuses to submit a fraudulent application because you believe you wont get caught or punished then you wont find them here. An application that does not disclose all the required information IS fraudulent and CAN be rejected at any point (if that's what a university wants to do) including after the start of the course.

If you want to risk it because you don't believe that you'll be caught or punished then go ahead. You've been warned of the chances of being caught (extremely high, pretty much 100%) and the possible consequences. You're an adult and that means living with the consequences of your decisions.
luke9901
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Do you understand the principle of confidentiality?

If you're looking for excuses to submit a fraudulent application because you believe you wont get caught or punished then you wont find them here. An application that does not disclose all the required information IS fraudulent and CAN be rejected at any point (if that's what a university wants to do) including after the start of the course.

If you want to risk it because you don't believe that you'll be caught or punished then go ahead. You've been warned of the chances of being caught (extremely high, pretty much 100%) and the possible consequences. You're an adult and that means living with the consequences of your decisions.
Emm..Interestingly what I am suggesting is that UCAS should take some real act and stop b....s...t. FYI,I declaredmy Alevel grades Ielts and received offers from UCL and IC.

Actually,a fraudulent person call me fraudulent,some people in this forum are not working for UCAS BUT pretend to be a UCAS staff

Which I CALL THEM FRAUDULENT
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
some people in this forum are not working for UCAS BUT pretend to be a UCAS staff

Who?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Emm..Interestingly what I am suggesting is that UCAS should take some real act and stop b....s...t. FYI,I declaredmy Alevel grades Ielts and received offers from UCL and IC.

Actually,a fraudulent person call me fraudulent,some people in this forum are not working for UCAS BUT pretend to be a UCAS staff

I hope you are not thinking of applying to a British university.

Posted from TSR Mobile
luke9901
Rep:
?
(Original post by ageshallnot)
I hope you are not thinking of applying to a British university.

Posted from TSR Mobile
God bless you
Marte Lindholm
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
To be honest, I don't think it is that easy for international students to sneak themselves into good universities as OP claims. I'm from Norway myself and I applied to King's College, amongst others, and they asked me to supply official transcripts to prove my grades
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (89)
12.97%
1 (89)
12.97%
2 (88)
12.83%
18.95%
22.3%
19.97%

Watched Threads