Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi y'all!! sorry i know i shouldnt be talkin about skool during summer but im going 2 new school in hertfordshire (haileybury imprerial school) and i'm scared to death , heard its a really poshy skool... oh yeah n btw that's my first year in uk.. please tell me the truth about that skool, at least i'll know wat 2 expect. tanx, hope you're all havin fun, not like me..

ReputationRep:
    it's a **** school, everyone gets bullied if they arent from the Uk

and the crime rate is awful

so much drug abuse at that school

ReputationRep:
    Especially if you can't actually use the English language correctly.

ReputationRep:
    no that's true english isnt my my first language but i made mistakes in my last thread coz i had to type really quickly and i forgot some words, but see i guess u only speak english or maybe you know some words from another language that you've learned in your GCSE's, u english speakers u think its enough to speak only 1 language coz english is spoken by a lot of people, well open ure self to the world outside of america and europe and u'll see. oh yeah n btw i speak 5 languages so yes maybe i cant use the "english language" as well as you..

ReputationRep:
    Please **** off and die

ReputationRep:
    Wow, newbie, no need to turn all crazy all of a sudden. These guiys werent dissing you they were telling it as it is.

ReputationRep:
    all i asked 4 was a little bit of information about a presumably bad skool (some friends told me), i didn't force anybody to reply, wat they did basically was "makin fun" of me, whereas i find it normal 2 be a little worried be4 going 2 a new skool, in a new country, and in a boarding skool, knowing that i dont have any relatives in england...that's it i just wanted to know if the people there were nice, neway i really dont give a fuk about wat they think, 2 bad 4 them as well...

ReputationRep:
    They did not. You take things to personally. As I said, they were saying how it is, it may be hard but its fair. Jeebus!

ReputationRep:
    tanx "everdawn" 4 trying to chill things out, but i'm not takin nething personally im just saying i dont need to be ironic and sarcastic about that stuff, dont need to waste my time and yours reading useless and insulting threads... well, the thing is I still dont know how this f**in skool really is

ReputationRep:
    What country are you from?

ReputationRep:
    well, i dont see where's the link, but im from Morocco, and please forget any generalisation u know about this country (im not saying u have things against that country but in case we never know)...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasminouchka)
    well, i dont see where's the link, but im from Morocco, and please forget any generalisation u know about this country (im not saying u have things against that country but in case we never know)...
    Why are you being so defensive? I was just trying to be nice since you seemed to think that everyone is against you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Moncal)
    Why are you being so defensive? I was just trying to be nice since you seemed to think that everyone is against you.
    Exactly, taking it way out of proportion. If he is to survive in England he will have to learn that not everyone is out to get him.

ReputationRep:
    u english speakers u think its enough to speak only 1 language coz english is spoken by a lot of people, well open ure self to the world outside of america and europe and u'll see. oh yeah n btw i speak 5 languages so yes maybe i cant use the "english language" as well as you..
    This is just as bad as the generalisations about Americans being unintelligent. I have seen some pretty good arguements which demonstrates that we are pretty linguistic with respect to other languages.

I wouldn't mind learning other languages if it weren't for various reasons such as updating the language. Why should I bother learning a language if I cannot have a decent conversation using it?

Most people in America speak Spanish BTW

ReputationRep:
    sorry, maybe im being a bit paranoid, just that everytime i say to people im from morocco (for example in spain) they look at me with disgust and leave coz they think we're all terrorists, thieves, or they don't even wanna bother talkin to arabic african muslims, well dunno y. neway tanx for trying to be nice, i think i need some sleep. but do u think this is the website where i can get info about that skool, (know im being annoying with that, its just that i have 2 know... ).

ReputationRep:
    well i agree with u "NDGAARONDI" but the thing is the other dude really pissed me off and he seemed 2 be one of those "unintelligent" people. and believe after all the racism i have to support on hollidays, in airports etc.. i really dont generalise about neone, i know how it feels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    This is just as bad as the generalisations about Americans being unintelligent. I have seen some pretty good arguements which demonstrates that we are pretty linguistic with respect to other languages.

I wouldn't mind learning other languages if it weren't for various reasons such as updating the language. Why should I bother learning a language if I cannot have a decent conversation using it?

Who says Americans are unintelligent besides the debate forum people?

p.s. Hablo un poco espanol.

ReputationRep:
    sorry, maybe im being a bit paranoid, just that everytime i say to people im from morocco (for example in spain) they look at me with disgust and leave coz they think we're all terrorists
    It's mainly from the media doing this, but people should realise this. Don't forget in England many decades ago the fuss with terrorism was with the Irish

i think i need some sleep.
    Yes don't do what some of us do and surf on here at silly hours.

but do u think this is the website where i can get info about that skool
    Try browsing on this link http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...UK%7CcountryGB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    lol, ya good point, america is invaded by latin american migrants

ReputationRep:
    tanx for the link (wow that's really nice you've looked for it just for me ) but c those websites dont give information about how nice the people and the ambience really are, i was hoping to get info from insiders . well ill have to wait 4 septembre and check it out by myself, neway wats the worst that can happen to me there :confused:its not gonna kill me ... thanx neway

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.