The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Postgraduate Accommodation at York

I'm starting a Masters in Architectural History at York in September 2017 and was wondering whether I could get some advice on accommodation in York, or even find people for a potential house share!

I will be new to the city of York, as i've previously studied in Sheffield and currently work in Leeds, so I actually know very little about the city in terms of the best places to live.

I am considering living in Post Grad halls for the year, although it's a very expensive option. My student housing experiences in Sheffield haven't been great in terms of landlords and neighbours, so halls could be the answer to a lot of that worry.

I don't even really know what area of York would be best to live in if I chose to privately rent or house share.

Could anyone share their experiences of student accommodation in the city, both halls and private rentals welcome!

I must admit, it's going to be very strange to move to York on my own. I have lived with my partner for eight years, and I didn't even live in halls during my undergraduate degree!
Hi,
I'm in a very similar situation- I'll be starting a PhD in biology in September, but I really don't want to move back into halls. I'd be interested in house sharing.
From what I can find, Fulford is one of the main post-grad areas, with Tang Hall and Fishergate also being key cheaper student areas. The prices seem to vary pretty widely between areas, but there were pretty big floods a couple of years ago which is another factor to consider. This is all from googling though, so other people will likely know more!
University of York
York

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending