The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Btec and University (Surrey)

How easy is it to get into the University of Surrey whilst doing a btec. I'm currently doing btec IT and I want to study business management (entrepreneurship) at Surrey. Has anyone got into surrey university with a btec or do you know anyone that has?
Original post by DatComicalManiac
How easy is it to get into the University of Surrey whilst doing a btec. I'm currently doing btec IT and I want to study business management (entrepreneurship) at Surrey. Has anyone got into surrey university with a btec or do you know anyone that has?

Hi there,

Thanks for your message.

You certainly can get into the University of Surrey with a BTEC (extended diploma), so long as you meet the entrance requirements for the course. I personally studied here, and one of my good friends got in with a BTEC :smile: You can find the entry requirements for your course in terms of the BTEC by going to the course page on our website and clicking the 'entry requirements' box on the right hand side of the page and selecting 'BTEC (QFC Level 3 extended diploma)'.

Hope this helps! :smile: If you have any further questions about admission procedures, please contact our Admissions team: [email protected].

All the best,
Ashley :smile:
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Hello, Yes, the University of Surrey accepts BTEC's such as the Extended diploma. I personally undertook a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business, and am also currently reading Business Managment with Entrepreneurship at the University of Surrey.
Reply 3
I got an offer to study at the University with a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma grade of DDD this year.

So it is quite easy as long as you ace your coursework.
Original post by Zahir.exe
I got an offer to study at the University with a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma grade of DDD this year.

So it is quite easy as long as you ace your coursework.

Hey Im currently a year 11 student i think im gonna get mostly Cs and Bs, Im interested in business and maths but im really bad at maths. Do you think I should A levels (A level business and A level maths) or straight BTEC. I heard btec isnt good for top jobs, is that true?
Original post by james_mcdonald12
Hey Im currently a year 11 student i think im gonna get mostly Cs and Bs, Im interested in business and maths but im really bad at maths. Do you think I should A levels (A level business and A level maths) or straight BTEC. I heard btec isnt good for top jobs, is that true?

Maybe it isn't to some degree. However, employees also look at the University you've attended, the degree you studied and the GCSEs you have. Obviously, you won't get jobs paying the big bucks right away but you can work your way up.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending