Turn on thread page Beta

wat 2 do when u cant fall asleep and u have to wake early the next morning? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    sorry, i guess most of you dont give a damn about my sleeping probs but in case ne of u has a tip that's been useful during those long insomnia nights. :confused: well, its 2.49 am for me, and i have to wake really early 2morrow, wat can i do?

ReputationRep:
    I just go to bed at my normal time and deal with the few minutes of tiredness in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    hmm... take a couple tylenol pm's? Only one or two though otherwise you'll be drowsey in the morning...

ReputationRep:
    Do a lot of physical activity like running around or dancing. If that doesn't work you could always pick up a very heavy object and hit yourself in the head with it- that should keep you asleep for a good while!!

ReputationRep:
    na, it doesnt work with me, even though i wake up early the next night im still insomniac but i really dont wanna take pills, i guess after one week of sleeping late and waking up early im gonna be so damn tired it'll work.

ReputationRep:
    get your body into a routine.

Do not have a tv or radio on in your bedroom. Try to make sure it is cool - not easy at the moment.

Have a bath and either a warm milky drink or something herbal like camomile just before you go to bed.

have a lavender bag under your pillow or use the spray boots make, nutmeg and mint i think.

Go to bed at the same time each night.

If you can't get your room cool then at least get your pillow cool - pillowcase in the fridge for 1/3 hour or a hot water bottle filled with cold water under the pillow.

repeat every night until your body gets the ideas that this routine means sleep.

ReputationRep:
    Read a book for an hour then go to bed and just close my eyes. As long as you don't keep on thinking about it you'll go to sleep if your body thinks it needs it, otherwise I should think there's not much more you can do...without medication

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkShadows08)
    Do a lot of physical activity like running around or dancing. If that doesn't work you could always pick up a very heavy object and hit yourself in the head with it- that should keep you asleep for a good while!!
    no telling when you'd wake up though

ReputationRep:
    You could go out and get absoloutly blind and then pass out. Problem solved. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    drink lots of coffee. No better cure for sleepiness.

MB

ReputationRep:
    erm........count sheep in your head?.............i couldn't think of anything better
    my cure for when i can't sleep is to go to sleep with my mum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    erm........count sheep in your head?.............i couldn't think of anything better
    I tried counting the other day but got to 110 and got bored.

ReputationRep:
    I also read in bed and it takes less than 15 mins for me to drop!!!! zzzzzz....

Its scary how all the thoughts come to u the moment u get to bed!!!....It drives me mad!...but reading helps

ReputationRep:
    Readin or other relaxin activities help relax urself and ur brain. I always want to read in bed, I open the page start reading the ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz! !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fade Into Black)
    Readin or other relaxin activities help relax urself and ur brain. I always want to read in bed, I open the page start reading the ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz! !!
    Wish i was like you!
    I don't think i sleep well because i don't get enough fresh air. That's what my mum says anyway

ReputationRep:
    are you always out and about?? Thats really important, not neccesarily outside but burning energy like keepin yourself busy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fade Into Black)
    are you always out and about?? Thats really important, not neccesarily outside but burning energy like keepin yourself busy...
    I've become a right couch potato lately and i can't sleep because of it.

ReputationRep:
    I think thats your answer then. more strain on the body so to speak.
    so i assume you havent been doin any stressful thinkin???
    Honestly, do u think ppl shud do work (academic) durin the hols?or do nothin??
    (personal question)
    btw if you need to fall asleep without burnin energy then...try n keep urself either extremely bored so u want to fall asleep or tire yourself out.

ReputationRep:
    When i can't get to sleep i just lie there making sure i breathe deeply and slowly and concentrate on that, it normally works cos it stops me thinking of other things that keep my mind busy/me awake and it kind of relaxes me into sleep i think

ReputationRep:
    I've heard celery helps you sleep. I'm also finding it very hard to sleep at the moment but I still get up at 7 because the amount of sleep i get doesn't affect how i feel when i wake up. I was reading that to feel awake when you get up you need sleep in 90 minutes cycles (so 90 mins, 180 mins etc.) but not sure how reliable that idea is. I'd try getting up early and wearing yourself out and then you may want an early night! x

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.