The Student Room Group

Did he lie to get sex?

There was a guy I met about 2 months ago, and I developed feelings for him. He was only in town for a few months and then told me he liked me too but didn't want a long-distance relationship as he was leaving soon, which was fair enough.

We ended up sleeping together one night, which was a mistake as it made me more attached to him whereas I should have been keeping a distance. I couldn't hide my feelings for him, and I made them very known to him, which I maybe shouldn't have done. I found out a couple of weeks later via a friend that he only 'saw me as a friend'.
I was disappointed but he had said he didn't want a relationship and I tried to move on.

I saw him on a night out one night, and he seemed to take a fancy to me as of this night; he kept flirting with me a lot on facebook and saying that he'd enjoyed the sex, liking my pictures, giving me loads of compliments etc. and I flirted back too.. I suppose I thought maybe something more could come of it.

A couple of weeks later, he said that we should 'casually see each other' until he left, 2 months later. But he said he didn't want a relationship, he didn't want me to get attached and it was just to have fun etc.

I wasn't sure about it as I knew I wanted a relationship, but I said i'd give it a go and we could see how it went, and he agreed. However, a few days later I realised it wasn't a good idea, and that i'd just end up getting hurt.

I told him and he seemed understanding.. I admitted I really liked him and wanted to spend time with him but that I didn't want anything to happen. However ,he didn't seem to get the hint and 2 days later messaged me saying he really wanted to have sex, but I told him again no. The day after, he was majorly flirting with me, so I got annoyed and upset and said he was only interested in me physically, but he said it wasn't true.

Around the same time I met a guy who seemed nice, and I went on a date with him, but he turned out to be a jerk. I mentioned it to the first guy, thinking he wouldn't really care, but he went balistic; saying I knew he liked me and that he was jealous and stuff.

I told him that he only liked me as a friend anyway (he'd said this to our other friend) and he told me that I should 'read between the lines', he said he 'really liked me deep down' and 'just wanted to see me before he left as he didn't want to regret it after.'

I believed at this point that he actually did like me, and that we should see each other. I saw him a couple of times after that, and we had sex again. However, I then knew it couldn't continue as I really liked him and wanted a relationship. He told me that he didn't want one, and that he'd 'seen that I was getting attached and that we should stop'.

I was upset but it was for the best.. to cut a long story short, a few weeks later I asked him if he'd have had a relationship with me had he been staying in the city. He said no, as I was 'way more into him than him to me' and that I was 'a lot quieter than him' and he 'hadn't had the connection'. He then sprouted a lot of stuff about how he was still in love with his ex, he hadnt had feelings for anyone else etc.

I was really hurt, and felt like that day ( when he'd gotten angry at me) he'd lied to me because he wanted to have sex with me, then when he'd gotten what he wanted, he wasn't interested anymore.

Does it sound like he played me, and used me, or was I just stupid and naive? Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
There was a guy I met about 2 months ago, and I developed feelings for him. He was only in town for a few months and then told me he liked me too but didn't want a long-distance relationship as he was leaving soon, which was fair enough.

We ended up sleeping together one night, which was a mistake as it made me more attached to him whereas I should have been keeping a distance. I couldn't hide my feelings for him, and I made them very known to him, which I maybe shouldn't have done. I found out a couple of weeks later via a friend that he only 'saw me as a friend'.
I was disappointed but he had said he didn't want a relationship and I tried to move on.

I saw him on a night out one night, and he seemed to take a fancy to me as of this night; he kept flirting with me a lot on facebook and saying that he'd enjoyed the sex, liking my pictures, giving me loads of compliments etc. and I flirted back too.. I suppose I thought maybe something more could come of it.

A couple of weeks later, he said that we should 'casually see each other' until he left, 2 months later. But he said he didn't want a relationship, he didn't want me to get attached and it was just to have fun etc.

I wasn't sure about it as I knew I wanted a relationship, but I said i'd give it a go and we could see how it went, and he agreed. However, a few days later I realised it wasn't a good idea, and that i'd just end up getting hurt.

I told him and he seemed understanding.. I admitted I really liked him and wanted to spend time with him but that I didn't want anything to happen. However ,he didn't seem to get the hint and 2 days later messaged me saying he really wanted to have sex, but I told him again no. The day after, he was majorly flirting with me, so I got annoyed and upset and said he was only interested in me physically, but he said it wasn't true.

Around the same time I met a guy who seemed nice, and I went on a date with him, but he turned out to be a jerk. I mentioned it to the first guy, thinking he wouldn't really care, but he went balistic; saying I knew he liked me and that he was jealous and stuff.

I told him that he only liked me as a friend anyway (he'd said this to our other friend) and he told me that I should 'read between the lines', he said he 'really liked me deep down' and 'just wanted to see me before he left as he didn't want to regret it after.'

I believed at this point that he actually did like me, and that we should see each other. I saw him a couple of times after that, and we had sex again. However, I then knew it couldn't continue as I really liked him and wanted a relationship. He told me that he didn't want one, and that he'd 'seen that I was getting attached and that we should stop'.

I was upset but it was for the best.. to cut a long story short, a few weeks later I asked him if he'd have had a relationship with me had he been staying in the city. He said no, as I was 'way more into him than him to me' and that I was 'a lot quieter than him' and he 'hadn't had the connection'. He then sprouted a lot of stuff about how he was still in love with his ex, he hadnt had feelings for anyone else etc.

I was really hurt, and felt like that day ( when he'd gotten angry at me) he'd lied to me because he wanted to have sex with me, then when he'd gotten what he wanted, he wasn't interested anymore.

Does it sound like he played me, and used me, or was I just stupid and naive? Thanks

You were and are very gullible. he just wanted sex. It was ok if it was on friendly terms as long as he didnt have to put any effort in. By dating casual then as far as hes concerned he wouldnt have any guilt when it broke down. You played yourself by overcomplicating it and looking for a relationship that wasnt ever there. You pushed it as much as he did.
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply, yeah, I guess so. I told him no twice, because he'd told me he was attracted to me but didn't have feelings, which I did. I think when he told me he 'really liked me deep down', I believed it, and I thought seeing him for a short time would be better than nothing, I suppose.. oh well, I'll know for next time.
Thanks for the reply, yeah, I guess so. I told him no twice, because he'd told me he was attracted to me but didn't have feelings, which I did. I think when he told me he 'really liked me deep down', I believed it, and I thought seeing him for a short time would be better than nothing, I suppose.. oh well, I'll know for next time.

Sorry if thats a bit blunt. I did read all your post which shows me that you are in a lot of turmoil, so you need to let go of some of that.
The way forward is to learn from it

Boys like sex its like fast food to some. It doesnt have to come with emotions.
Such boys dont like to make effort and they dont like to get involved in relationships.
Effort v reward

When they say they dont want a relationship they mean it so dont think you can change them. They arent going to turn down sex. Dont kid yourself.
Reply 4
yes
Reply 5
No it's ok, it's good you were honest :smile: What I can say is that I've learned so much from this experience.. I think I am just angry towards him for saying he 'really liked me deep down'. I should have kept my distance from the beginning when he said he didn't want a relationship, because he later admitted that when he did want a relationship it 'wouldn't be with me'.

My friend introduced me to him as this really sweet and lovely guy, and he was really nice, but I have to realise that he did not really like me for me, he most likely just wanted me for sex, and I need to be more wise next time.
Reply 6
No it's ok, it's good you were honest :smile: What I can say is that I've learned so much from this experience.. I think I am just angry towards him for saying he 'really liked me deep down'. I should have kept my distance from the beginning when he said he didn't want a relationship, because he later admitted that when he did want a relationship it 'wouldn't be with me'.

My friend introduced me to him as this really sweet and lovely guy, and he was really nice, but I have to realise that he did not really like me for me, he most likely just wanted me for sex, and I need to be more wise next time.

He did like you 'deep down'. :P I hope you now understand what he was about.
Reply 7
Original post by xylas
He did like you 'deep down'. :P I hope you now understand what he was about.

That could be said, yes.. :smile: I do, thanks :smile: It's half my fault too. If he had 'really liked me and wanted to spend time' then there didn't need to be sex involved. But ill know better next time I hope, and if someone tells me they 'don't want a relationship' and I like them, I know to just keep away from the beginning..
where did yu meet him?
Reply 9
where did yu meet him?

through uni :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending