Quitting full-time job to concentrate on studying A-levels?

Watch this thread
Philip-flop
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Am I crazy for wanting to quit my full time job in order to concentrate on studying A levels?
ShoSho_
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Not crazy at all if you think you will benefit from it! Make a list of your monthly outgoings and see if you will be able to afford to quit, or maybe think about working part time instead!!
Philip-flop
Rep:
(Original post by ShoSho_)
Not crazy at all if you think you will benefit from it! Make a list of your monthly outgoings and see if you will be able to afford to quit, or maybe think about working part time instead!!
Thank you! I'm glad I don't sound absolutely ludicrous!
stoyfan
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Philip-flop)
Am I crazy for wanting to quit my full time job in order to concentrate on studying A levels?
Crazy? That is what many other people do. I would consider A level much more important than having a job so even I would quit my job to do more A level revision.

If you are going to uni then you should get some work expereince there anyways.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Philip-flop)
Quite the contrary - it shows a commendable commitment and dedication to your longterm goal.

The question is whether or not you can afford to do it?
Philip-flop
Rep:
(Original post by stoyfan)
Crazy? That is what many other people do. I would consider A level much more important than having a job so even I would quit my job to do more A level revision.

If you are going to uni then you should get some work expereince there anyways.
The problem is, this isn't just a job that 16-18 year olds work whilst they're studying at college and are living at home with parents. This is my full time job and career. I'm trying to work out whether it's worth having that gap on my CV and if I can financially afford to have such a long break from work! :/
Philip-flop
Rep:
Ok, so I'm still considering actually quitting my job and being unemployed for a few months (or at least work part time in retail or something) so I can concentrate/continue self-teaching the two A-levels I am doing as a mature student. I've already booked my A2 exams and am worried about not having enough time to study and do well. Am I just being crazy for having chosen to self-teach in the first place?
Philip-flop
Rep:
So, I'm spending the weekend studying but am dreading work next week as I feel like I've got so much revising to do in order to be prepared for the two A-levels I am sitting in the summer as a mature private candidate.

I'm actually on the verge of quitting my job just to concentrate on these A-levels Am I absolutely crazy for doing this?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
17.24%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
10.34%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
13.79%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
10.34%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
24.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
24.14%

Watched Threads