Luke7456
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So next year it is looking like I will need to study Physics.

I will have completed Maths and Further Maths this exam cycle and will have learned if I stick to my plan M3 M4 and M5 before Results day.

I am wondering if Physics in one year to try and get the A* grade would be realistic assuming I am A* standard at the maths?

would M1-M5 give me an advantage in Physics? if so how much overlap or advantage would there be?

eg would I have a significant advantage or only a minor one?

is learning Physics to A* standard in one year, assuming your in full time education (I am not but I have proven I can dedicate full time working hours to self study)
realistic? I would have to learn 4- 5 modules of Maths which will mean basically with Physics, 1 and two thirds of an A level.

The Issue is next year the Maths Exams I will have left are all the hardest modules according to most people so it may take more time.

Plus prep for entrance exams such as MAT and STEP.
Prep for interviews.

would I struggle or is this doable?
Kyx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Luke7456)
So next year it is looking like I will need to study Physics.

I will have completed Maths and Further Maths this exam cycle and will have learned if I stick to my plan M3 M4 and M5 before Results day.

I am wondering if Physics in one year to try and get the A* grade would be realistic assuming I am A* standard at the maths?

would M1-M5 give me an advantage in Physics? if so how much overlap or advantage would there be?

eg would I have a significant advantage or only a minor one?

is learning Physics to A* standard in one year, assuming your in full time education (I am not but I have proven I can dedicate full time working hours to self study)
realistic? I would have to learn 4- 5 modules of Maths which will mean basically with Physics, 1 and two thirds of an A level.

The Issue is next year the Maths Exams I will have left are all the hardest modules according to most people so it may take more time.

Plus prep for entrance exams such as MAT and STEP.
Prep for interviews.

would I struggle or is this doable?
Sorry for the late reply.

Studying mechanics on maths provides a huge advantage since you are already covering some of the topic areas, and I would say that everything in mechanics on maths, is in the physics.

The mechanics on maths is more mathematical than the mechanics in physics, but that should also help when it comes to calculations.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kyx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
As for your other questions, this is entirely doable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (159)
66.53%
No (80)
33.47%

Watched Threads