Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Subjects contained within the national curriculum watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    When a discussion is taking place about a subject that is studied by all, I believe it belongs in the 'general' academic discussion section. If it is isolated within a specific subject section it will be lost to discussion by the large majority of posters as they tend to only visit subject sections if they have a particular interest in the subject.

My thread about whether Maths should be dropped after Key stage 3 is relevant to all forum members and now it has been moved to Maths specific forum it will be missed by all those who are not particularly interested in the subject and have an opinion to express on it!

Moderators - whoever decided to move the thread - please move it back to where it was as I had already given a great deal of consideration as to where to post it initially and for the above reasons, thought the best place was in the general academic discussion area.

Furthermore, if mods think that subject discussions should be placed in subject specific areas, why are there not areas for English and MFL, Art, PE, RE, History, Geography etc. Get my drift?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    Furthermore, if mods think that subject discussions should be placed in subject specific areas, why are there not areas for English and MFL, Art, PE, RE, History, Geography etc. Get my drift?
    Probably because there aren't as many threads on those subjects as there are for Maths/Science.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.