Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dave134)
    Have you seen the guy who never takes off his santa-claus hat? He is often seen around the science-site

Or the local, with the massive hair and moustache, looks just like one of the scousers off Harry Enfield.
    I think I have actually seen said local down by the riverside wearing some sort of misch match suit.

ReputationRep:
    we've got a naked cyclist in cambridge. he goes round on his bike with a radio in a plastic bag slung from his handlebars playing at full blast. you will often see him going round and round the market square on a sunday during the farmers market

ReputationRep:
    has he not been arrested/sectioned/both yet ?

ReputationRep:
    i think the police periodically arrest him, shove him in parkside police station cell for the night, caution him and then let him go. harmless loony i think

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, in Germany (particularly in the East) there is a lot of naturism. Quite scary at times, never know when the naked people might turn up!

ReputationRep:
    hi matt

i was almost about to head off to bed but as another hildbeder as turned up i think i'll stay a while

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt.berlin)
    Hmm, in Germany (particularly in the East) there is a lot of naturism. Quite scary at times, never know when the naked people might turn up!
    Do the police just let it go ? whenever I'm there the police appear quite harsh, although shy of Berlin I've never been to the former East

ReputationRep:
    i just got back from greek islands which are full of scary old naked german guys strutting up and down the beach with it all hanging out. there is some stuff you just don't want to see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tkfmbp)
    Do the police just let it go ? whenever I'm there the police appear quite harsh, although shy of Berlin I've never been to the former East
    When on tour with a brass band this summer, the german police pulled over our coach for speeding! Apparently we were doing 90Kph, when as a full coach with trailer we should have only been doing 80. €250 fine and we missed the ferry with the delay.

ReputationRep:
    isn't sharing fun ?

ReputationRep:
    sharing?

ReputationRep:
    Sharing is an experience. I am glad however I don't have to again .

ReputationRep:
    The police can only do anything if a guy is letting it all show. As long as they cover it with a sock or something, the police can't complain at all.

Oh and never mess with the Germans when it comes to motoring. The police are very strict to the letter with traffic offences, and they introduced new tougher fines and penalties this April. I did hear a nice story though. The German authorities record points on licences etc in Flensburg near the Danish border. A paper copy of the points is kept for three years, after that the paper is recycled in Denmark and turned into bog-roll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dave134)
    When on tour with a brass band this summer, the german police pulled over our coach for speeding! Apparently we were doing 90Kph, when as a full coach with trailer we should have only been doing 80. €250 fine and we missed the ferry with the delay.
    Nightmare, when en route to Berlin with our school in year 10 on a coach, we were pulled over at 3am in the morning so that two burly policemen with torches and guns, (the one at the front reportedly had a machinegun lookylikey, but i was near the back so never saw) could shout "PASSPORT" in very accented english. We then fumbled about in our bags to get said passports, and having shown them, they smiled politely and left. Surreal.

ReputationRep:
    ahh you mean room sharing? i am glad to have my own room again after staying in dorms in youth hostels for the last three months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt.berlin)
    Oh and never mess with the Germans when it comes to motoring. The police are very strict to the letter with traffic offences, and they introduced new tougher fines and penalties this April. I did hear a nice story though. The German authorities record points on licences etc in Flensburg near the Danish border. A paper copy of the points is kept for three years, after that the paper is recycled in Denmark and turned into bog-roll.
    how very.......quaint. Bet Das Bild has a fieldday with that story!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how many people know about the paper being used as toilet roll in Denmark. I read it in this magazine "NEON" (for 20- / 30-somethings) in a section of short useless but interesting facts that they do.

ReputationRep:
    Much like Zoo or Nuts then ?

ReputationRep:
    i didn't think zoo had any words...just pictures of naked women stroking cars

ReputationRep:
    Zoo, Nuts? Never heard of them.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.