The Student Room Group
University of York
York

best accommodation for philosophy

hey! i'll be joining york in september to study philosophy. i've been constantly looking at colleges/accommodation since i got my offer. i'm just curious which college/accommodation is most popular with the arts and humanities' students.

also which college/accommodation is closest to the philosophy department.
i'm kind of anxious about it all, so any help would be thoroughly appreciated!

thank you!
Hi,

I wouldn't say there is an accommodation type people doing similar subjects choose as most students base their accommodation off costs and what they offer. However, if you're looking for the college/accommodation closest to the department it is probably Wentworth.

Hope this helps :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by vasu1990
hey! i'll be joining york in september to study philosophy. i've been constantly looking at colleges/accommodation since i got my offer. i'm just curious which college/accommodation is most popular with the arts and humanities' students.

also which college/accommodation is closest to the philosophy department.
i'm kind of anxious about it all, so any help would be thoroughly appreciated!

thank you!

Closest accommodation to the department is Vanbrugh but honestly people live everywhere. Philosophy also doesn't have lecture rooms so are often all over Hes West according to my philosophy friend. Plus it's only the first year, you shouldn't worry about where you are in vicinity to your department just to choose your college. There are so many more important things!!!
A vat? A Chinese room?

I've got nothing, you're right. I studied philosophy at York but in those days philosophy was in Derwent. So was I, with keen readers already aware that I surrendered my virginity in Derwent's romantically styled 'A-block'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending