Help! Level 3 Health and Social Care (Extended) Watch

becca2017
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have recently applied to study Health and Social Care level 3 Btec at college in September but have been unable to find much information about the course and some of the topics on here date back to 7 years ago!

I would like to hear any information any one has about the course and their experience with it/what it entails. If anyone could answer one of the following questions too that would be a bonus:
1. My college website states 70% coursework 30% exam per year. How many exams does this mean I will have and are they hard?
2. For my assignments/coursework will I be able to male a start on them at home and re draft them until as best as I can make it or do I just get one shot?
3. How can I get D*D*D*?
studytube
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello Becca,
I hope you are well. I am currently doing the Health and Social Level 3 Extended Diploma, and although I am doing a slightly different syllabus from the one you will be doing, I thought I would try and help in any way I can.
As for the assignments, it is really down to your tutor about how long they will give you to do them. At the moment, all the assignments I have been given in advance and I am able to start it at home. On Average, I have been given 2 weeks to complete assignments but all my tutors so far have allowed the assignment to be given back - it just depends on how much time they have. You also should be aware that most of my tutors don't give us lesson time to complete these so most of these will be completed at home or when you are not timetabled to be in college. Technically, teachers are not meant to help once they have given you the assignment brief, but my tutors have often given other members of my class resources in order to help them figure out - and when they hand back the draft they give back corrections so that you are able to correct them. So in short, most tutors should allow you time to complete corrections before handing in the final version of assignments but there aren't any rules on that so it all depends on your tutor and college.
I am currently working towards a D*D*D* and so I am not entirely sure on everything because I haven't actually achieved it yet. However, the main point is to be dedicated from the beginning. Try and get a D in every assignment possible, at the end of the course, the points for the P,M&D you have received will be added up and that will come to your final grades. D*D*D* is actually pretty hard to achieve and it is important to make sure you start aiming for D's at the beginning of the course and continue it throughout. I think you have to get D's in near enough every assignment. It is certainly possible, and you will be given most of the resources you need in order to achieve the basic criteria but to achieve this grade you will need to do a lot of extra research so that you are able to reference properly.
With the exams, unfortunately I am unable to help you with that section. I do not have any exams in my course but I can only imagine that it will be a few exams scattered throughout the year for some of the units. I was meant to have exams, and thats what they told me at opening days
Hope this helps, and please feel free to message me, if you want to know anything about the material or how it is. Because I may not have the exams, but the material is still the same and I would love to help
Emma <3
passionate-study
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by studytube)
Hello Becca,
I hope you are well. I am currently doing the Health and Social Level 3 Extended Diploma, and although I am doing a slightly different syllabus from the one you will be doing, I thought I would try and help in any way I can.
As for the assignments, it is really down to your tutor about how long they will give you to do them. At the moment, all the assignments I have been given in advance and I am able to start it at home. On Average, I have been given 2 weeks to complete assignments but all my tutors so far have allowed the assignment to be given back - it just depends on how much time they have. You also should be aware that most of my tutors don't give us lesson time to complete these so most of these will be completed at home or when you are not timetabled to be in college. Technically, teachers are not meant to help once they have given you the assignment brief, but my tutors have often given other members of my class resources in order to help them figure out - and when they hand back the draft they give back corrections so that you are able to correct them. So in short, most tutors should allow you time to complete corrections before handing in the final version of assignments but there aren't any rules on that so it all depends on your tutor and college.
I am currently working towards a D*D*D* and so I am not entirely sure on everything because I haven't actually achieved it yet. However, the main point is to be dedicated from the beginning. Try and get a D in every assignment possible, at the end of the course, the points for the P,M&D you have received will be added up and that will come to your final grades. D*D*D* is actually pretty hard to achieve and it is important to make sure you start aiming for D's at the beginning of the course and continue it throughout. I think you have to get D's in near enough every assignment. It is certainly possible, and you will be given most of the resources you need in order to achieve the basic criteria but to achieve this grade you will need to do a lot of extra research so that you are able to reference properly.
With the exams, unfortunately I am unable to help you with that section. I do not have any exams in my course but I can only imagine that it will be a few exams scattered throughout the year for some of the units. I was meant to have exams, and thats what they told me at opening days
Hope this helps, and please feel free to message me, if you want to know anything about the material or how it is. Because I may not have the exams, but the material is still the same and I would love to help
Emma <3
Sorry - Just to say, if you did want to message me, could you message me on this account? I am using this account haha
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am currently doing the old spec so its slightly different to what youre doing.

I know on the new spec you will have to complete 13 units. Each of those units you will have to complete at least 6-8 pieces of work. One of the units is based on work experience and you will need to complete a minimum of 100 hours, it can be anywhere from charity shops to schools.

You also have 4 exams, 2 in the first year and 2 in the second year. One of the exams you have to do is based on anatomy and physiology. I actually did a unit on this last year and found it really interesting.

To achieve a D*D*D* you should aim for Distinctions in all your units, allowing a few merits if you're struggling. For the exams you must achieve at least a pass in them.

A tip to do well in them is to have good time management. Despite currently doing 5 different assignments at once, my time management is good because i try to prioritse my work and not procrastinate. When you get work set, the best thing to do is to complete it as soon as possible.
becca2017
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by passionate-study)
Sorry - Just to say, if you did want to message me, could you message me on this account? I am using this account haha
Thank you so much for the helpful information, I really couldn't find much else where! I will do xx
nabulya8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi there. Sorry for messaging u now. I really need some advice with the exams. Every time I do them in get passes. Can u please give me some tips to get merits and distinctions. Please
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.53%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.83%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (136)
16.92%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.18%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.72%

Watched Threads